A section of the North-South Expressway will be expanded from 17m to over 32m

Xuyên Đông |

The Ministry of Transport said that the Cao Bo - Mai Son expressway will be operational from 2023. This section of the expressway will be widened from 17m to more than 32m.

Previously, Ninh Binh voters reported that the North-South expressway section passing through Quang Son commune, Tam Diep city (4 lanes) has been accepted and put into use since the end of 2023.

However, due to the narrow road surface, traffic accidents often occur.

The above highway section also does not have a water collection system along both sides of the route, so when it rains heavily for a long time, the drainage system overflows into people's agricultural land, causing flooding.

Voters proposed expanding the highway surface to ensure traffic safety; building a water collection system along both sides of the highway.

Responding to voters, the Ministry of Transport said: The North-South Expressway, East section, Cao Bo - Mai Son, 15km long, has been invested by the Ministry of Transport with a scale of 4 lanes, 17m wide, to be completed and put into operation at the end of 2023.

To meet the increasing transportation demand and improve traffic safety, the Ministry of Transport has reported to the competent authority and approved the investment project to expand the North-South expressway in the East, Cao Bo - Mai Son section from 4 limited lanes to 6 complete lanes (width 32.25m).

The project will start construction in the first quarter of 2025 and will be basically completed in 2026. The project has considered building a water collection system along both sides of the route as recommended by voters, ensuring drainage capacity and not affecting people's lives.

Xuyên Đông
RELATED NEWS

Trucks carrying construction materials for the highway destroyed many roads in Binh Dinh

|

Through inspection, many residential roads and provincial roads in Binh Dinh province were seriously damaged by vehicles carrying construction materials for the highway.

Serious traffic jam on Trung Luong - Ho Chi Minh City expressway

|

The road leading to Trung Luong - Ho Chi Minh City expressway is experiencing serious congestion. Traffic police are present to regulate the traffic.

5 fishing boats caught fire in Nghe An, damage of about 6 billion VND

|

Nghe An - The fire at the fishing port in Quynh Phu commune caused 3 fishing boats to be burned down, 2 other boats damaged, and estimated damage of about 6 billion VND.

Lien Khuong airport completes runway, counting down the days to welcome return flights

|

Lam Dong - After more than 5 months of temporary closure for upgrading and repairing, Lien Khuong airport has completed more than 99% of its volume, ready to reopen on August 19.

Johnny Tri Nguyen redefines the 2 words "outdated

|

After a period of "hiding", Johnny Tri Nguyen returns with "Ho Linh Trang Si", not caring about the end of his career, just needing to have a chance to contribute.

Coach Kim Sang-sik warns of Malaysia's collective strength

|

Coach Kim Sang-sik assessed Malaysia as a strong team and emphasized the collective strength of the opponent before the first leg of the ASEAN Cup 2026 semi-finals.

Hong Loan's reaction to the handover of Meritorious Artist Vu Linh's car and house for valuation

|

Hong Loan confirmed that she will hand over the car in the name of artist Vu Linh to house number 5 Doan Thi Diem and be present to coordinate asset appraisal on August 19.

Trucks carrying construction materials for the highway destroyed many roads in Binh Dinh

Hoài Phương |

Through inspection, many residential roads and provincial roads in Binh Dinh province were seriously damaged by vehicles carrying construction materials for the highway.

Serious traffic jam on Trung Luong - Ho Chi Minh City expressway

Nguyên Chân |

The road leading to Trung Luong - Ho Chi Minh City expressway is experiencing serious congestion. Traffic police are present to regulate the traffic.

Đường dân sinh xuống cấp vì đơn vị thi công cao tốc lơ cam kết

HƯNG THƠ |

Quảng Trị - Người dân thôn Vĩnh An (Quảng Trị) bức xúc vì đường dân sinh xuống cấp nghiêm trọng sau khi bị mượn làm lối đi cho dự án cao tốc.