Why can't Barcelona register Dani Olmo and Pau Victor?

An An |

Not only has Barcelona's decline on the pitch, but problems on the sidelines, including the registration of Dani Olmo and Pau Victor, are also making Barcelona's situation confusing.

Dani Olmo and Pau Victor joined Barcelona last summer, but at the time of signing their contracts, the Blaugrana could not register any players. The reason is that the Catalan team violated the annual spending limit set by La Liga.

All clubs in Spain are assigned a certain limit by La Liga. The limit is roughly determined by the difference between a team's revenue minus non-sporting expenses and debt payments. Barca's revenue for the current season is €426 million but they still exceeded that amount on December 31, 2024.

Teams that violate the limit are allowed to spend a certain percentage of any earnings - through transfers, salary reductions or new sources of revenue - to new players. There is also a rule that allows teams to temporarily use up to 80% of an injured player's wages as a replacement.

That is how Olmo and Victor were registered at the end of August. The injury of defender Andreas Christensen created enough space in the club's limit to register this pair but only on a temporary basis until December 31, 2024.

At the time, president Joan Laporta said in a press conference that he was not concerned that the registration would be temporary. He also expressed confidence that the club will soon operate within the limits of La Liga. A new deal worth more than €100 million with Nike was the main reason for that optimism. However, according to ESPN, the agreement with the US company was not enough for Barca to extend the registration.

However, within Barcelona, they are still optimistic. However, the situation is still long and Barca seem to have run out of options last month. They have lost two trials on how to interpret La Liga's FFP rules.

The Blaugrana have debated on many fronts, first focusing on domestic workers' rights and then the right to register players at 80% of the salary of injured goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen. However, Wojciech Szczesny was signed to replace Ter Stegen and both judges ruled against Barca in all aspects.

Their final option is to sell VIP Box at Camp Nou. The deal is worth around €100 million, but it will be difficult to complete the terms, transfer the paperwork to La Liga and provide evidence of the amount before the 31.12.2024 deadline. As the deadline approached, the tournament issued a statement saying that Barca had failed to ensure compliance with regulations. The next day, Olmo and Victor were not registered.

On Friday (local time), Barcelona still expressed confidence that they could turn the situation around. Coach Hansi Flick said that both he and the players affected were unhappy with the situation at a press conference before the match in Copa Del Rey against Barbastro. However, Flick added that he was confident the club would solve the problem.

A few hours later, Barca received 28 million Euros in payment related to the Box VIP deal. They have submitted the necessary documents to La Liga and can now operate under the league's 1:1 ratio rule. Simply put, they are allowed to spend €1 for every €1 they earn.

The problem was that Barca sent it 3 days late in the case of Olmo and Victor. Therefore, both the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) and La Liga rejected their latest attempt.

An An
TIN LIÊN QUAN

Barcelona played well but still lost disappointingly

|

Barcelona lost 1-2 to Atletico Madrid at home in round 18 of La Liga.

Barcelona lost to Atletico Madrid, Hansi Flick is still optimistic

|

Coach Hansi Flick made some surprising statements after Barcelona were defeated by Atletico Madrid and lost the top spot in La Liga.

Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid La Liga Prediction

|

Football commentary on the Barcelona - Atletico Madrid match in round 18 of La Liga 2024-2025 season.

Old mother mourns pain when losing 2 children and grandchildren after a fire in Ho Chi Minh City

|

HCMC - The horrific fire in District 8 took the lives of 3 relatives in Mrs. Tran Thi Chanh's family, leaving behind a broken heart for the elderly mother.

Provincial Road 16 in Hue deteriorated after many years of use

|

HUE - Provincial Road 16 is an important route of Hue City, after many years of having to bear the weight of heavy trucks, the road has seriously degraded.

Gold prices fluctuate, many people in Ho Chi Minh City seek to buy gold rings

|

HCMC - Gold prices today have decreased but are still at a high level, many people are still buying.

Historist Duong Trung Quoc: It is necessary to conduct early research on secret basements

|

In an interview with Lao Dong reporter, historical expert Duong Trung Quoc said that it is necessary to conduct early research on the secret tunnel in Hoan Kiem Lake area.

On April 16, a national conference will be held on the arrangement of provinces and communes

|

According to Minister of Home Affairs Pham Thi Thanh Tra, August 30 is the time when the entire political system, after being reorganized and reorganized, will officially come into operation.

Barcelona played well but still lost disappointingly

An An |

Barcelona lost 1-2 to Atletico Madrid at home in round 18 of La Liga.

Barcelona lost to Atletico Madrid, Hansi Flick is still optimistic

HƯNG TÌNH |

Coach Hansi Flick made some surprising statements after Barcelona were defeated by Atletico Madrid and lost the top spot in La Liga.

Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid La Liga Prediction

An An |

Football commentary on the Barcelona - Atletico Madrid match in round 18 of La Liga 2024-2025 season.