The German diplomat shared the information at a press conference during his visit to Estonia. The press conference was broadcast by the German Foreign Ministry's press agency on social network X.
Secretary of State Wadephul said investigators have prosecuted individuals suspected of destroying the Nord Stream pipeline.
"As a country of rule of law, we need to wait for the results of the investigation. When there are results, I can evaluate and, if necessary, make political conclusions," said the top German diplomat.
Foreign policy expert Markus Frohnmaier - a member of the German Federal Parliament (Bundestag) of the Alternative for Germany (Alternative for Germany) - has called for a temporary halt in all German support to Ukraine while awaiting the results of a comprehensive investigation into details related to the Nord Stream and Nord Stream 2 sabotage.
His speech was officially posted on the Social networking platform X of the German Party Choice for Germany.
Frohnmaier stressed that identifying the suspect in the sabotage case " marked a significant step forward". However, he expressed concern about the new information, noting that "the defendants were able to enter Poland with real Ukrainian passports and then return to Ukraine without any obstacles".
The policies of the German opposition Party Committee condemned the attack on German infrastructure as unacceptable and a direct threat to national security.
He called on the German Foreign Ministry to summon the Ukrainian ambassador to ask Kiev for a full explanation. "Until a full and transparent investigation is conducted, all support for Ukraine must be immediately stopped. We cannot ignore these developments," he said.

On August 27, ARD TV, leading a joint investigation with Die Zeit and Suddeutsche Zeitung newspapers, said that some members of the Andromeda crew used in the Nord Stream sabotage "clearly have connection" with Ukrainian secret service or the military.
Last week, a 49-year-old Ukrainian man was arrested in Italy on suspicion of complicity in organizing the attack on the Nord Stream and Nord Stream 2 gas pipelines. Some reports say that the first Nord Stream suspect arrested for working for Ukrainian intelligence.
German investigators had previously identified all those who sabotaged the pipeline carrying Russian gas to Germany, Die Zeit reported. Arrest warrants have been issued for six Ukrainian citizens. The seventh person in the group of suspects is believed to have died in combat in eastern Ukraine in December 2024.
According to the German Federal Public Prosecutor's Office, the Nord Stream investigation found that the sabotage group included a captain, a coordinator, an explosives expert and 4 others. The group of suspects arrived at the scene of the Baltic Sea incident on the Andromeda yacht, departing from Rostock, Germany.