On social media, Parisian and French people shared photos of a famous tourist destination 324 m high being closed, with security fences set up and armed police guarding the area.
A tourist shared with Mirror on the evening of September 1: "We are stuck outside the elevator. The Eiffel Tower is undergoing foreclosure.
Regarding the incident, the suspect has been arrested, initial reports said the man was carrying a weapon. Information on social networks mentioned guns and knives but the police denied it.
French police confirmed arresting an unarmed man near the Eiffel Tower on the evening of September 1. A Paris police spokesman said: "One person has been arrested, the case is over. He was unarmed. We will announce the reason for this name tomorrow".
Meanwhile, passengers on the Eurostar speedboat at Gare du Nord station were evacuated in another terrorist warning in Paris on the evening of September 1 after discovering a suspicious object. "They found something suspicious. We all had to wait outside the station," said the Zoë Grisedale passenger.
Eurostar announced on social media: "We regret that for security reasons, check-in and customs procedures will need to be re-implemented for ES9063 passengers. ES9063 will depart later than scheduled."
Also on the evening of September 1, reporter Charlotte Dubenskij in Paris said that the Eiffel Tower had reopened.
A few weeks ago, police arrested a man holding a shirt of Paris Saint-Germain club after he tried to break the security fence at Eiffel Tower.
France has been the victim of a series of terrorist attacks by IS over the past two years, most notably the massacre that occurred in November 2015 that killed 130 people. Last year, terrorist Mohamed Lahouauaiej Bouhlel attacked by truck on French National Day in Nice, killing 86 people and injuring 434.