France bans terrorist Osama bin Laden's son

Anh Vũ |

The French government has just issued a ban on the son of terrorist leader Osama bin Laden from returning to France because of his statements related to terrorism.

On October 7 (local time), French Interior Minister Bruno Retailleau announced that Omar bin Laden has been banned from returning to France, where he lived for many years before being deported in 2023. Omar bin Laden, 43 years old, had settled in the Normandy region, northern France with his British wife, making a living as a painter.

According to Retailleau, Omar bin Laden "posted statements on social media in 2023 that promoted terrorism." For this reason, the local authorities ordered his expulsion from France. The French court later confirmed the legality of this decision, saying it was in the interests of national security.

The ban also prevents Omar bin Laden from returning to France for any reason. According to information from the Orne department, Omar bin Laden had been living in the town of Domfront-en-Poiraie since 2018 before being deported.

On the anniversary of Osama bin Laden’s death in May 2023, social media posts purportedly written by Omar bin Laden praising Al-Qaeda and terrorism surfaced. Although Omar denied being the author, he did not condemn the posts, leading to France’s decision to expel him.

Omar bin Laden has said he had nothing to do with his father's actions and feels free to live in France. However, people close to him, including Pascal Martin, his artistic agent, believe that Omar bin Laden is mentally damaged and may be affected by the ban. Martin insists that Omar did not support terrorism or the September 11, 2001 attacks.

Another friend of Mr Omar's, Mr Harry Atterton, 87, said the decision to deport him was "absurd" and "scandalous", as Mr Omar had tried to distance himself from his father's ideals.

Anh Vũ
RELATED NEWS

Bringing studying and following Uncle Ho among union members to become more and more substantive

|

Mr. Nguyen Anh Tuan - Member of the Party Central Committee, Vice Chairman of the Central Committee of the Vietnam Fatherland Front, Chairman of the Vietnam General Confederation of Labor proposed that, in the face of the requirements of the new situation, trade union levels need to continue to promote further, bringing the study and following of Uncle Ho among cadres, union members, and workers to become more and more substantive.

Studying and following Uncle Ho, Lao Dong Newspaper creates a digital transformation breakthrough and spreads human values

|

In the period 2021-2025, Lao Dong Newspaper has well promoted its role as a press agency in propagating and spreading the study and following of Ho Chi Minh's ideology, ethics, and style through columns, events, and social activities with depth and wide spread among workers and employees nationwide.

It is expected that 19 Associations will only be able to elect a maximum of 2 full-time Vice Chairmen

|

The Ministry of Home Affairs proposed that 19 Associations assigned tasks by the Party and State can only elect a maximum of 2 full-time Vice Chairmen.

Car suddenly catches fire in the middle of the road in Ho Chi Minh City

|

Ho Chi Minh City - A car traveling on Huynh Tan Phat street (Ho Chi Minh City) suddenly caught fire fiercely, completely burning the vehicle.

Thị trấn Mỹ bị dọa khủng bố hàng chục lần

Anh Vũ |

Thị trấn Springfield ở Mỹ đang đối mặt với một loạt mối đe dọa khủng bố, theo lời Thống đốc bang Ohio.

Chủ mưu vụ khủng bố 11.9 nhận tội sau 23 năm

Anh Vũ |

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, kẻ chủ mưu vụ khủng bố 11.9, cùng hai đồng phạm đã chấp nhận thỏa thuận nhận tội với công tố viên Mỹ để tránh bị lĩnh án tử hình.

New video about the horrifying moment of the September 11 terrorist attack

Song Minh |

The newly released video records details of the moment the twin towers collapsed in the terrorist attack on September 11, 2001 in the US.