China talks about the cable break near Nord Stream

Thanh Hà |

In the investigation into the cable break near Nord Stream in the Baltic Sea, China affirmed that it had provided information and documents to the parties.

China has provided information and documents for a joint investigation into the two broken cables in the Baltic Sea and invited Germany, Sweden, Finland and Denmark to participate and complete the investigation, the Chinese Foreign Ministry informed earlier this week.

China's Foreign Ministry spokesman Mao Ning said the above information at a regular press conference after being asked about the Financial Times' report regarding the cable break near the Nord Stream pipeline.

The Financial Times reported that Sweden accused China of refusing to grant full access even though it was an open investigation and did not allow Swedish prosecutors to board the Yi Peng 3 - a suspect in the cable break.

Last weekend, the Swedish Coast Guard informed that the Yi Peng 3 had taken off anchor after more than a month anchored in Danish waters.

China has allowed representatives from Germany, Sweden, Finland and Denmark to board the ship for the investigation last week.

"In order to cooperate with the investigation, the Yi Peng 3 has been suspended for a long time. And to protect the physical and mental health of the crew, the ship owner decided to continue the journey after a comprehensive assessment and consultation with relevant parties" - Ms. Mao Ninh informed.

The spokesperson of the Chinese Foreign Ministry also stressed that China has notified all relevant countries in advance and is ready to maintain communication and cooperation in the incident.

The Chinese ship Yi Peng 3 is being investigated after a cable break in November near the Nord Stream gas pipeline. One pipeline was severed connecting Finland to Germany while the other connecting Sweden to Lithuania.

Thanh Hà
TIN LIÊN QUAN

Germany has not contacted Russia about Nord Stream

|

Germany has no substantive contact with Russia over Nord Stream, a Russian diplomat told the country's media.

New scenario for Nord Stream 2 after shocking sabotage

|

The Nord Stream 2 pipeline is expected to be operational in 2030.

New breakthrough in investigation into cable break near Nord Stream

|

The Chinese ship Yi Peng 3 - the prime suspect in the mysterious cable break near Nord Stream - will soon be released.

A resident's house in Da Lat caught fire fiercely at night

|

Lam Dong - The fire broke out and burst fiercely at a house in Da Lat city. Those present tried to put out the fire, but failed.

Special notice on the funeral of comrade Khamtay Siphandone

|

Vietnam will hold a funeral for comrade Khamtay Siphandone according to the National Funeral Rites for 2 days, from April 4 to 5, 2025.

Restaurant fire in Hanoi

|

Hanoi - The fire that broke out at a restaurant in Nam Tu Liem district late in the afternoon of April 3, 2025 caused panic among people.

The death anniversary of Hung Vuong's great monk in Phu Tho is a grand festival

|

Phu Tho - The Hung Temple historical relic site is being decorated with many colors from the cultural funds of 13 districts, cities and towns in the area.

Lam Dong reforms to become an attractive destination for investors

|

Lam Dong - The locality is committed to strongly reforming administrative procedures, aiming to make the province an attractive destination for investors.

Germany has not contacted Russia about Nord Stream

Thanh Hà |

Germany has no substantive contact with Russia over Nord Stream, a Russian diplomat told the country's media.

New scenario for Nord Stream 2 after shocking sabotage

Thanh Hà |

The Nord Stream 2 pipeline is expected to be operational in 2030.

New breakthrough in investigation into cable break near Nord Stream

Thanh Hà |

The Chinese ship Yi Peng 3 - the prime suspect in the mysterious cable break near Nord Stream - will soon be released.