The 2025 Tien La Temple Festival to commemorate the 1982 anniversary of the death of Dong Nhung General Vu Thi Thuc will be held from April 7-11 (ie March 10-14 of the lunar calendar).
The festival is organized on a district-level scale in conjunction with honoring the Tien La festival heritage as a national intangible cultural heritage, at relics located in Tan Tien and Doan Hung communes (Hung Ha district, Thai Binh province). The festival program includes many special activities: Opening ceremony and worship, art program, dragon and lion performance; electric fireworks performance and folk games...



According to Lao Dong reporters, although today, April 7 (ie March 10 of the lunar calendar) is the official festival opening day, since the beginning of the month, thousands of local people and tourists from all over have flocked to the Tien La relic cluster to burn incense, worship, visit, pray for fortune and health.
In particular, the days from April 5 to 7 are weekends and coincide with the Hung Kings' Commemoration Day holiday, so the number of people coming to the festival has increased dramatically.
Mr. Nguyen Van Cuong (32 years old, resident of Quang Trung commune, Hung Ha district, Thai Binh province) said: "It is not necessary to wait until the annual festival takes place but occasionally at the end of the weekend or the beginning of the month, the month of the lunar month of my family every month all arrange time and work to visit and temple.
To ensure security and order for the Tien La Temple Festival in 2025, it is known that Thai Binh Provincial Police will deploy to increase the number of officers and soldiers from units, police of communes and towns to closely coordinate with grassroots security forces to perform their duties at the festival.



In Dong Minh commune (Tien Hai district, Thai Binh province), the opening ceremony of Cua Lan Temple (commonly known as Ba Temple) also took place today, attracting a large number of local people and tourists from all over the world to enjoy the festival.
According to legend, Cua Lan Temple was built in the 19th century, around 1835, after Doanh Dien Su Nguyen Cong Tru opened the border, the dyke embankment encroached on the sea to give birth to the ancient Tien Chau land (now Tien Hai district, Thai Binh province).
The area of the ancient temple is also known as Con Tien, where fishing boats of many localities anchored to establish a deserted hamlet. Cua Lan Temple worships the "Three Saints of National Mother Nam Hai" (according to Dai Viet's throughout the Tran Dynasty).


In 1311, King Tran Anh Tong went to fight against Chiem Thanh, and on a night of rest in Can Hai, he dreamed of seeing 4 goddesses in favor, then bravely won the battle, the king decided to build a temple.
In 1426, Le Loi sent 3 leaders to the North to fight the Ming army, went to Can Hai gate to set up a sacrifices and then left the army, and entered the Chi Lang and Suong Giang campaigns.
After defeating the Ming army, Le Loi ascended the throne to establish the Hau Le house in 1427. When he rewarded the three generals, the king collected the god of the legend and was known as the Temple of the Four Hong Luong (Queen, Princess Mai Nuong, Hanh Nuong and Thi Nu) to keep the loyalism of the court, committed suicide in the East Sea and drifted to the shore and was buried by the people in the burial area ...
The Tien La festival is associated with the worship of the General (general of the people's livestock) Vu Thi Thuc (commonly known as Thuc Nuong) - a female general of Hai Ba Trung who fought against the army to invade the North, attacked by the General Dong Nhung.
In 43 after the Korean War, she died in the battle against the Chinese army. Appreciated by the merits and heroic spirit of the female general, the villagers of Tien La, Luong Xa, An Nhan, Hong An (now Hung Ha district) built a temple to worship her. Every year, a festival is held to commemorate her death in the third lunar month.