The search for MH370 was suddenly stopped

Thanh Hà |

The search for MH370 was suddenly halted due to weather and will resume next summer in the Southern Hemisphere.

Malaysia Airlines' search for MH370 has been delayed until the following summer in the Southern Hemisphere due to seasonal changes and previous trade commitments of Ocean Infinity, Malaymail informed on April 3.

Summer in the Southern Hemisphere takes place from December to February.

According to a Facebook post by the Family Union and crew on Flight MH370, marine robotics company Ocean Infinity had arrived at the search area in advance but only officially began the search on March 25 after signing a contract with the Malaysian government.

"Ocean Infinity stopped searching on March 28 and will continue searching next summer in the Southern Hemisphere," the post stated.

Malaysian Transport Minister Anthony Loke previously said that the government of this country has signed an agreement with Ocean Infinity to continue searching for MH370.

However, on April 2, he said that although the search agreement for MH370 had been completed, the search was suspended due to unfavorable weather conditions. Secretary Anthony Loke said the search would resume by the end of the year.

They have stopped searching for now and will continue searching for the end of this year. This is not the right time, AFP quoted Transport Minister Anthony Loke as saying at an event at Kuala Lumpur International Airport on April 2.

"Whether it is found or not will depend on the search, no one can predict" - Minister Anthony Loke added.

MH370 mat tich la mot trong nhung bi an lon nhat trong lich su hang khong hien dai. Anh: AFP
The disappearance of MH370 is one of the biggest mysteries in the history of modern aviation. Photo: AFP

The Malaysian Transport Minister's comments came more than a month after Malaysia said the search for MH370 had resumed.

The Boeing 777 carrying 239 people disappeared from radar screens on March 8, 2014, en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

The largest search in aviation history has been launched but the whereabouts of the missing plane have not yet been found.

The first Australian search for MH370 has searched an area of 120,000 square kilometres in the Indian Ocean for more than three years, but has found little trace of the plane other than a few pieces of debris.

Maritime exploration company Ocean Infinity launched a second search for MH370 in 2018 and has just agreed to conduct a third search this year.

Founded in 2017, Ocean Infinity is headquartered in Austin, USA and Southampton, UK. Ocean Infinity uses robots to collect data from the ocean and the seabed.

The new search area covers an area of 15,000 square kilometres in the southern Indian Ocean. This search for MH370 is also being conducted by Ocean Infinity on a "no find, no fee" basis.

The disappearance of MH370 has long been the subject of many theories, including the possibility that MH370 pilot Zaharie Ahmad Shah was the culprit.

The final report on the MH370 tragedy released in 2018 pointed out errors in air traffic control and said the plane's route had been changed manually.

In a 495-page report, investigators of the missing MH370 case are still uncertain as to why the plane disappeared and do not rule out the possibility that others besides the pilot controlled the plane.

Thanh Hà
TIN LIÊN QUAN

Analyst of the most famous theories about MH370

|

An MH370 expert has analyzed the hypotheses related to the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines 11 years ago.

Plan to search for MH370 black box

|

The latest search for MH370 has considered the option of recovering and analyzing the black box of the missing plane.

The search for MH370 enters a new phase

|

Malaysia agreed to the terms to restart the search for MH370.

A resident's house in Da Lat caught fire fiercely at night

|

Lam Dong - The fire broke out and burst fiercely at a house in Da Lat city. Those present tried to put out the fire, but failed.

Hanoi arranges and rotates land management staff ineffectively

|

Hanoi - Land management and construction order are the basis for the city to evaluate cadres, thereby, carry out the arrangement, rotation, and mobilization.

Special notice on the funeral of comrade Khamtay Siphandone

|

Vietnam will hold a funeral for comrade Khamtay Siphandone according to the National Funeral Rites for 2 days, from April 4 to 5, 2025.

Restaurant fire in Hanoi

|

Hanoi - The fire that broke out at a restaurant in Nam Tu Liem district late in the afternoon of April 3, 2025 caused panic among people.

Dry port project in Hoai Duc abandoned for many years

|

The ICD My Dinh dry port project in Hoai Duc, Hanoi has been approved for nearly 10 years but has not been completed. However, the project's land has shown signs of lease.

Analyst of the most famous theories about MH370

Thanh Hà |

An MH370 expert has analyzed the hypotheses related to the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines 11 years ago.

Plan to search for MH370 black box

Khánh Minh |

The latest search for MH370 has considered the option of recovering and analyzing the black box of the missing plane.

The search for MH370 enters a new phase

Thanh Hà |

Malaysia agreed to the terms to restart the search for MH370.