The search for MH370 enters a new phase

Thanh Hà |

Malaysia agreed to the terms to restart the search for MH370.

Malaysian Transport Minister Loke Siew Fook informed on March 19 that Malaysia has agreed to the terms and conditions of the MH370 search agreement with Ocean Infinity.

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 - a Boeing 777 - carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew members went missing while en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing in 2014. To date, the disappearance of MH370 is one of the world's biggest aviation mysteries.

Minister Loke Siew Fook said that Malaysia's decision will help the search for MH370 at a new location estimated at 15,000 km2 in the southern Indian Ocean.

The new search is based on the principle of "no find, no fee collection". Ocean Infinity will receive $70 million if it successfully find the wreckage of MH370.

"The government is committed to continuing the search and bringing a clear end to the relatives of passengers on flight MH370," said the Malaysian Transport Minister.

Last December, the Malaysian government announced that it had agreed in principle with Ocean Infinity's search for MH370.

The US-based maritime robotics company conducted its most recent search for MH370 (the second search) in 2018 but failed.

Previously, the first search for MH370 was conducted by Malaysia, Australia and China in an area of 120,000 square kilometres in the southern Indian Ocean, based on data from automated connections between Inmarsat and MH370 satellites.

Since the end of last month, the missing MH370 search vehicle has been deployed to the search area in the Indian Ocean, although Ocean Infinity had not yet signed an agreement with the Malaysian government at that time.

It is not yet clear how long the MH370 search contract with Ocean Infinity will last. The Malaysian Transport Minister previously revealed that the deal would last for 18 months.

Thanh Hà
RELATED NEWS

Unusual gold ban on suspected MH370 crash site

|

The breakthrough in MH370 is likely to appear when there is a yellow photo spot that experts believe is where the missing plane crashed.

Rumors of discovering the exact coordinate of MH370 in a new search

|

A new study may have revealed the "precision coordinates" of MH370, more than 11 years after the plane mysteriously disappeared.

Disaster warning about the third search for MH370

|

The third search for MH370 has begun. However, experts warn that a mistake in this search could lead to disaster.

Many cracks appear on an overpass on the Tien Yen - Mong Cai expressway

|

Quang Ninh - Hoa Hong Bridge on the Tien Yen - Mong Cai expressway has many cracks. The investor is inspecting and determining the cause to have a handling plan.

Dak Lak verifies KOL cardholders accused of speaking inappropriately at durian festival

|

Dak Lak - Functional agencies are verifying and clarifying the case of a KOL cardholder being reported for speaking inappropriately at a durian festival.

21 teams participate in the 7th Vietnam Textile and Garment Industry Skills Competition

|

On the morning of August 16, the 7th Vietnam Textile and Garment Industry Skilled Workers Contest in the field of sewing - thoi weaving took place in Hanoi with 21 participating teams.

Stocks are unlikely to surpass the 1,800 point mark

|

The Vietnamese stock market has just experienced a less positive trading week when VN-Index could not overcome the resistance zone around the 1,800 point threshold.

Unusual gold ban on suspected MH370 crash site

Thanh Hà |

The breakthrough in MH370 is likely to appear when there is a yellow photo spot that experts believe is where the missing plane crashed.

Rumors of discovering the exact coordinate of MH370 in a new search

Ngọc Vân |

A new study may have revealed the "precision coordinates" of MH370, more than 11 years after the plane mysteriously disappeared.

Disaster warning about the third search for MH370

Thanh Hà |

The third search for MH370 has begun. However, experts warn that a mistake in this search could lead to disaster.