$400 million dance hall at the White House allowed to continue construction

BẠCH DƯƠNG |

The US Supreme Court temporarily allowed President Donald Trump to continue building a ballroom at the White House.

According to Xinhua news agency, on August 21 (local time), Chief Justice John Roberts of the US Supreme Court issued an order to temporarily suspend the validity of rulings of lower courts, which required the suspension of the construction of a ballroom at the White House.

In the court file, the administration of President Donald Trump said that as of August 14, the 400 million USD project - fully funded by private capital - has been completed by about 65%. The project is being accelerated, with 250 workers working 20 hours a day, 7 days a week.

The latest move by the US Supreme Court was made about 2 weeks after the Washington Federal Court of Appeal on August 7 ruled that President Donald Trump's construction of a new ballroom at the White House was illegal.

After that, the Columbia Regional Court of Appeal suspended the enforcement of the ruling for 14 days so that President Trump's administration would have time to request the Supreme Court to consider the case.

Previously, the ruling supporting the National Historical Relic Preservation Organization indicated that, in just 3 days in October 2025, Mr. Trump demolished the entire Wing of the White House without conducting the committed consultations or asking Congress for permission, in order to build a giant ballroom of about 8,360m2 using private capital and without Congressional supervision.

The plan to build a ballroom at the White House proposed by President Donald Trump has received support from the White House and many congressmen, but there are also concerns from some Republican senators.

BẠCH DƯƠNG
RELATED NEWS

The truth about Mr. Trump being able to name the White House dance room

|

Officials call the White House's under construction dance hall " presidential Donald J. Trump Dance hall".

The East wing of the White House is demolished

|

The East wing of the White House was demolished to make way for a $300 million dance room.

Mr. Trump defends the plan to demolish the East wing of the White House, the cost increased to 300 million USD

|

President Donald Trump defended the demolition of the East wing of the White House, announcing the cost of building the dance room to increase to $300 million.

Mr. Trump wants to run for a third presidential term if law allows it

|

President Donald Trump said he would be happy if US law was changed to allow him to run for a third term.

Thanh Hoa evacuates 469 people from landslide and flood-prone areas

|

Thanh Hoa - Due to prolonged heavy rain, localities have evacuated 121 households with 469 people from areas at risk of flooding and landslides.

The truth about Mr. Trump being able to name the White House dance room

Thanh Hà |

Officials call the White House's under construction dance hall " presidential Donald J. Trump Dance hall".

The East wing of the White House is demolished

Thanh Hà |

The East wing of the White House was demolished to make way for a $300 million dance room.

Mr. Trump defends the plan to demolish the East wing of the White House, the cost increased to 300 million USD

Thanh Hà |

President Donald Trump defended the demolition of the East wing of the White House, announcing the cost of building the dance room to increase to $300 million.