According to Xinhua news agency, police and local authorities said that 1 person was killed and 3 others were injured in a sword attack at Brinellskolan High School in Fagersta, central Sweden on August 21.
Local police received a report at 2:06 PM (local time) about a serious violence incident occurring at a school.
About 10 minutes later, police opened fire to control and arrest the suspect. The suspect is a young man of about 18 years old. Police said there are no signs of any more subjects involved in the attack.
Swedish media reported that the suspect used to study at Brinellskolan school. Previously, this person was convicted of assaulting another student and had to comply with compulsory care measures according to Swedish law on youth care.
An image posted on the social networking platform TikTok shows a sword in the school toilet right before the attack occurred. Authorities have not yet confirmed whether the account posting the image belonged to the suspect and the extent of the post's relevance to the attack.
Swedish Prime Minister Ulf Kristersson said that this is a serious incident, and said that authorities are still clarifying the cause and motive behind the attack.
