Artillery and mortar ammunition bunkers discovered in Quang Tri

HƯNG THƠ |

Quang Tri - The bomb disposal team of the NPA/RENEW project discovered an ammunition bunker while clearing a contaminated area.

On October 24, Norwegian People's Aid/Project RENEW (NPA/RENEW) confirmed that its bomb disposal team had discovered and safely cleared a dangerous ammunition bunker.

Previously, on October 23, a bomb disposal team of the above organization, while clearing an area contaminated with bombs and mines in Gio Viet commune (Gio Linh district, Quang Tri province), discovered a bunker containing 63 explosives, including artillery shells, mortar shells and other weapons.

These explosives were dangerous, so the bomb disposal team detonated them on site to ensure the safety of local residents.

Since September 2024, NPA/RENEW teams have begun clearing more than 1 million square meters of hazardous land in Hoang Ha village (Gio Viet commune) and have cleared more than 355,000 square meters of land, destroying 137 explosive devices, of which 35% were cluster bombs.

HƯNG THƠ
RELATED NEWS

Russian President declares he does not accept US sanctions against Cuba

|

Russian President Vladimir Putin receives Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez Parrilla at the Kremlin amid pressure to block Cuba from the US.

China becomes the focus after robot show on New Year's Day

|

China's humanoid robot performance attracted attention in the technology world about the country's rapid progress in the robotics industry.

Fire at a car repair shop in Hanoi on the 2nd night of Tet

|

Hanoi - A motorbike repair shop on Nguyen Canh Di street suddenly caught fire fiercely on the night of the 2nd day of Tet, fortunately there were no casualties.

Key project shaping a new face for Hue

|

HUE - Many key projects are creating a clear shift, helping Hue change infrastructure and urban landscape.

Violating alcohol concentration, driver says it's difficult to refuse Tet invitations

|

Ho Chi Minh City - Being inspected and recorded for alcohol concentration violations on the night of the 2nd day of Tet, the driver said that because it was difficult to refuse alcohol and beer invitations, he still drove home.

Đưa rác vào lò đốt, giật mình phát hiện 8 quả đạn chưa nổ

HƯNG THƠ |

Quảng Trị - Cả 8 đầu đạn được phát hiện khi chuẩn bị đưa vào lò đốt rác còn nguyên đầu đạn.

Cuốc đất nghe phát nổ, mảnh dị vật nghi là đạn văng trúng cổ

Phong Linh |

Anh Nguyễn Hoàng T (37 tuổi, tỉnh Trà Vinh) đang làm vườn, cuốc đất thì nghe có tiếng phát nổ, các mảnh dị vật nghi là từ viên đạn văng trúng cổ khiến anh phải nhập viện...

Phát hiện quả đạn còn nguyên đầu nổ trong khi thi công trạm y tế

PHÚC ĐẠT |

HUẾ - Chiều 19.5, Ban Chỉ huy quân sự xã Bình Thành (thị xã Hương Trà, tỉnh Thừa Thiên Huế) cho biết, người dân vừa phát hiện một quả đạn còn nguyên đầu nổ trong quá trình thi công trạm y tế.