Hezbollah changes stance on ceasefire deal

Bùi Đức |

Hezbollah has for the first time publicly agreed to an unconditional ceasefire in the face of intense Israeli military attacks.

According to CNN, a ceasefire in Gaza will no longer be a condition for Hezbollah to stop fighting with Israel in Lebanon. This statement was made by Hezbollah deputy leader Naim Qassem on October 8, marking the first time the Iran-backed force in Lebanon has publicly supported an unconditional ceasefire.

In his speech, Naim Qassem endorsed diplomatic efforts towards a ceasefire led by Lebanese Parliament Speaker Nabih Berri. This was Naim Qassem's second speech since Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah was killed late last month.

Nabih Berri - leader of the Shiite Amal party allied with Hezbollah - has been a key figure in ceasefire talks brokered by Western nations.

Last month, former Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah expressed support for a temporary ceasefire proposed by US President Joe Biden and his allies at the United Nations General Assembly.

Meanwhile, the Israeli army is continuously adding forces to support the ground campaign in the border area with Lebanon. There are about 3 divisions present on the front line, equivalent to thousands of soldiers.

Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant said that Hezbollah's command capacity had been significantly reduced after Nasrallah's death, but its combat capabilities remained intact. In addition, on October 8, the Israeli military also confirmed that Hezbollah's successor leader had been killed.

Hezbollah's statement appears to show that the force wants to break its promise to its ally Hamas, which once said it would stop the conflict with Israel only when Gaza was no longer at war.

Bùi Đức
RELATED NEWS

Eating dragon fish eggs on the 3rd day of Tet, 13 people hospitalized

|

Thanh Hoa - After eating dragon fish eggs, 13 people in a family in Ngoc Lien commune had to be hospitalized for monitoring and treatment due to suspected food poisoning.

Passenger cars cram passengers during Tet, drivers give many reasons

|

Hanoi - During the peak period at the end of the holiday, functional forces discovered and handled many passenger cars carrying more people than prescribed.

Cars are congested, queuing in long lines on Dai Ninh Pass during peak traffic hours

|

Lam Dong - From noon on the 4th day of Tet, cars were congested and lined up for many kilometers on Dai Ninh Pass due to damaged road surfaces causing traffic difficulties.

Stock market awaits new boosts

|

In the context of increasingly fierce capital flow competition, the Vietnamese stock market needs to rely more on the actual profit growth of enterprises.

Running shows throughout Tet with the lion and dragon dance troupe in Can Tho

|

Can Tho - Behind each performance is the enthusiasm and the arduous training process of the members of the lion and dragon dance troupe to bring joy to Tet.

Lunar New Year tourism 2026 bustling from North to South

|

The Binh Ngo Lunar New Year 2026 holiday lasts 9 days, tourism activities tend to grow in many key localities across the country.

Many people return to Hanoi early to avoid congestion

|

Hanoi - Many people choose to return to the Capital early to avoid congestion even though the Binh Ngo Lunar New Year holiday is still two days away.

Israel speaks out on fate of Hezbollah's successor

Bùi Đức |

Amid international media speculation that Hezbollah's successor had been killed, Israel officially confirmed the news on October 8.

Hezbollah's successor leader missing amid airstrikes

Anh Vũ (Nguồn: AFP) |

Heavy Israeli air strikes on the southern suburbs of Beirut are believed to have led to the disappearance of Hashem Safieddine, Hezbollah's successor as leader.

Israel slashes Lebanon, suspected of killing Hezbollah's successor

Song Minh |

Israel's fierce airstrikes in Lebanon are believed to have killed Hezbollah's successor.