On the morning of May 21, in an exchange with a reporter from Lao Dong Newspaper, a representative of Cam Tu Commune People's Committee, Thanh Hoa province, said that functional forces had found the bodies of 2 missing victims in the quarry landslide.


One victim was found at around 6:30 am, the other victim at around 8:30 am on the same day," the representative said.
Thus, regarding the incident, it has been confirmed that there are 3 deaths.
Previously, as Lao Dong Newspaper reported, at about 5 pm on May 20, a serious rock landslide occurred at the foot of a mountain belonging to the stone mining area of Anh Tuan Co., Ltd. (Cam Tu commune, Thanh Hoa province).
According to initial information, at the time of the incident, Mr. Lo Van T., born in 1986; Lo Van Q., born in 1989 and Nguyen Van N., born in 1988, all residing in Lao Cai province, were working at the foot of the mountain when a large amount of soil and rock suddenly slid down from above.
The incident caused Mr. Lo Van T. to die on the way to the hospital, and the other two victims went missing.
Immediately after the incident occurred, on the night of May 20, Mr. Cao Van Cuong - Vice Chairman of Thanh Hoa Provincial People's Committee, along with representatives of departments, branches and local authorities were present at the scene to direct rescue and relief work.

Functional forces have mobilized fire prevention and fighting and rescue forces, military forces and many specialized vehicles and machinery to search for victims. Professional dogs, flycams and infrared heat sources detectors are also used to support access to the scene.
Currently, the cause of the incident is being investigated and clarified by functional agencies.