Another scam call about emergency child appears in HCMC

Thanh Chân |

Many parents in Ho Chi Minh City received scam calls informing them that their children were in emergency care at Cho Ray Hospital.

According to MSc. Le Minh Hien - Head of Social Work Department of Cho Ray Hospital, at around 9:30 am today (November 18), a parent (Go Vap District, Ho Chi Minh City) came to Cho Ray Hospital to look for his child.

The parents said they received a phone call informing them that their child was in critical condition and needed surgery and the family needed to transfer money to pay the hospital bill.

After that, 4 more parents came to the hospital to look for their children. One of the parents received a phone call asking them to transfer 30-40 million VND for urgent surgery.

Cho Ray Hospital said it does not accept any patients with the information the parents are looking for.

MSc. Le Minh Hien said that in the case of receiving an emergency patient who needs urgent intervention, the hospital always prioritizes saving the person, completing the procedures later. Therefore, people should be absolutely wary of the scam of their child being treated in the emergency room at the hospital and transferring money urgently.

When encountering this situation, people need to stay calm, call the school to verify or call Cho Ray Hospital to get accurate information, to avoid being taken advantage of by bad guys.

Previously, in March 2023, Cho Ray Hospital received a case of a person being scammed out of money through a phone call reporting that their child was being hospitalized for emergency care.

Thanh Chân
RELATED NEWS

Ho Chi Minh City residents can go to the doctor without bringing documents

|

HCMC - With smartphones and the electronic health book application integrated with VNeID, people can go to the doctor for examination and treatment without having to bring a lot of documents.

Hanoi gateway traffic clear on the 28th of Tet

|

Hanoi - On the 28th of Tet, the density of vehicles on the capital's roads decreased significantly compared to previous days, and people moved conveniently.

Cuba still receives aid despite the US trying every way to prevent it

|

Despite tighter US sanctions, Cuba continues to receive humanitarian aid shipments from many countries.

Official list of 864 candidates for National Assembly Deputies of the 16th term announced

|

The National Election Council has just announced 864 people in the list of candidates for the 16th National Assembly in 182 constituencies nationwide.

Ministry of Education announces university admission regulations for 2026

|

The Ministry of Education and Training has just announced the university admission regulations for 2026 with many new points related to the number of aspirations, academic records, IELTS scores,...

Restaurant suspended in Nghe An after many people hospitalized

|

Nghe An - An Nhien Restaurant in Tan Phu commune was suspended from operation after many customers were hospitalized with symptoms suspected of food poisoning.

Ho Chi Minh City residents can go to the doctor without bringing documents

Thanh Chân - Ngọc Lê |

HCMC - With smartphones and the electronic health book application integrated with VNeID, people can go to the doctor for examination and treatment without having to bring a lot of documents.

Việt Nam chính thức có ứng dụng giúp chặn cuộc gọi lừa đảo

KHÁNH AN |

Ngày 30.7, Hiệp hội An ninh mạng quốc gia chính thức ra mắt Phần mềm phòng chống lừa đảo nTrust.

Tin nhắn rác, cuộc gọi lừa đảo vẫn làm phiền khách hàng

KHÁNH AN |

Dù gần 1 triệu sim rác đã bị thu hồi, song tình trạng tin nhắn rác, cuộc gọi lừa đảo vẫn tiếp diễn.