The largest intersection in the South of Ho Chi Minh City officially opened

MINH QUÂN |

HCMC - The Nguyen Van Linh - Nguyen Huu Tho intersection (District 7) has removed all barriers after a year of closure to construct an underpass.

On January 24, the Management Board of Investment and Construction of Traffic Works in Ho Chi Minh City announced that the upper part of the roof of the two underpasses Nguyen Van Linh - Nguyen Huu Tho has been completed, and the surrounding barriers have been removed to facilitate people's travel during the Lunar New Year.

Previously, in early February 2024, the Nguyen Van Linh - Nguyen Huu Tho intersection was completely barricaded to construct two underpasses. This forced vehicles to go around other routes, causing inconvenience and frequent traffic jams in the area.

By October 4, 2024, the first tunnel branch at this intersection, from Tan Thuan to National Highway 1, will officially open to traffic.

On December 30, 2024, the remaining tunnel branch will also be put into use. However, the upper part of the tunnel and the construction site area must still be fenced off to complete the remaining items.

Up to now, the entire project has been completed and put into operation, contributing to clearing traffic at the southern gateway of Ho Chi Minh City.

The Nguyen Van Linh - Nguyen Huu Tho intersection underpass project started construction in April 2020, with a total investment of VND 830 billion (phase one).

The project includes two underpasses located in both directions of Nguyen Van Linh Street, each tunnel is 456 m long, designed with three lanes, maximum speed of 60 km/h. Above the tunnel is arranged a circular island with branches, creating convenience for vehicle movement.

Phase one of the project is targeted to be completed by 2022. However, the implementation process has encountered many difficulties related to the relocation of technical infrastructure such as electricity, water supply and drainage systems, and telecommunications. This has caused the progress to be delayed by more than two years compared to the original plan.

MINH QUÂN
RELATED NEWS

Tan Son Nhat gateway has two more 4-6 lane routes

|

HCMC - The first phase of the opening of the Tran Quoc Hoan - Cong Hoa and Hoang Hoa Tham connecting roads will help reduce traffic congestion in the Tan Son Nhat airport area.

Ho Chi Minh City opens important underpass in District 7, bans motorbikes

|

HCMC - On the morning of October 4, the Nguyen Van Linh - Nguyen Huu Tho tunnel branch (from District 7 to Binh Chanh) opened to traffic, only allowing cars to pass, banning motorbikes and pedestrians.

Hai Phong center attracts tourists during Tet, photographers earn millions of VND per day

|

The Opera House and the central flower carpet of Hai Phong City are always the most brilliant check-in locations "hunted" by many tourists.

Russian President declares he does not accept US sanctions against Cuba

|

Russian President Vladimir Putin receives Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez Parrilla at the Kremlin amid pressure to block Cuba from the US.

China becomes the focus after robot show on New Year's Day

|

China's humanoid robot performance attracted attention in the technology world about the country's rapid progress in the robotics industry.

Fire at a car repair shop in Hanoi on the 2nd night of Tet

|

Hanoi - A motorbike repair shop on Nguyen Canh Di street suddenly caught fire fiercely on the night of the 2nd day of Tet, fortunately there were no casualties.

Key project shaping a new face for Hue

|

HUE - Many key projects are creating a clear shift, helping Hue change infrastructure and urban landscape.

Violating alcohol concentration, driver says it's difficult to refuse Tet invitations

|

Ho Chi Minh City - Being inspected and recorded for alcohol concentration violations on the night of the 2nd day of Tet, the driver said that because it was difficult to refuse alcohol and beer invitations, he still drove home.

Tan Son Nhat gateway has two more 4-6 lane routes

MINH QUÂN |

HCMC - The first phase of the opening of the Tran Quoc Hoan - Cong Hoa and Hoang Hoa Tham connecting roads will help reduce traffic congestion in the Tan Son Nhat airport area.

Ho Chi Minh City opens important underpass in District 7, bans motorbikes

MINH QUÂN |

HCMC - On the morning of October 4, the Nguyen Van Linh - Nguyen Huu Tho tunnel branch (from District 7 to Binh Chanh) opened to traffic, only allowing cars to pass, banning motorbikes and pedestrians.

Thông xe hầm Nguyễn Văn Linh, giao thông Quận 7 thay đổi lớn

MINH QUÂN |

Nhánh hầm chui Nguyễn Văn Linh – Nguyễn Hữu Thọ (hướng Quận 7 đi Bình Chánh) sẽ thông xe trước ngày 30.9, giúp giảm ùn tắc cho cửa ngõ phía Nam TPHCM.