Quang Binh will propose to remove obstacles to support fishermen due to lost satellite connection

CÔNG SÁNG |

Quang Binh - After Lao Dong Newspaper's reflection on the satellite disconnection incident that caused hundreds of fishing vessels to lack data, the province will recommend the Government for support.

After the reflection "Fishermen suffer because they cannot submit documents to receive fuel costs", some fishermen have been supported according to Decision 48 of the Government. However, up to now, there are still hundreds of unresolved cases, and the parties have had meetings to find further solutions.

On April 22, Mr. Le Ngoc Linh - Head of the Department of Fisheries of Quang Binh province said that he is completing a document to submit to the Government on the proposal to allow not to apply the content of removing fishing vessels from the support list as prescribed in the Prime Minister's Notice, for cases affected by satellite disconnection incidents.

Previously, from April 15, 2024, a series of fishing vessels in Quang Binh province, especially in Bao Ninh commune (Dong Hoi city), encountered difficulties in implementing regulations on monitoring fishing vessel journeys, due to a problem with the loss of connection from the satellite system of the VNPT network - the service provider. The incident caused a lack of journey data, causing many ships to fail to submit documents to receive support money.

Lao Dong Newspaper has repeatedly reported on the current situation of local fishermen having difficulty accessing support policies according to Decision 48 of the Prime Minister. In particular, journey monitoring data is the mandatory basis for payment to support offshore fishing fuel.

Mr. Linh said that the Department of Fisheries is currently coordinating with the Department of Agriculture and Environment of Quang Binh province to complete the submission for the province to submit to the Government, requesting consideration and permission for vessels affected by lost satellite signals to remain on the support list.

Regarding data issues, VNPT updates data of affected vessels to the system to serve payment, however, up to now, the update has not been completed. According to the latest statistics, there are still 342 fishing vessels in the province that do not have complete data on their operations.

The Department of Fisheries said that the document submitted to the Government will clearly state that this is an irresistible incident. Therefore, Quang Binh province proposed that the Government consider removing these cases from the list of considered IUU violations to ensure the legitimate rights of fishermen.

Previously, Lao Dong Newspaper reported that nearly 70 fishermen in Bao Ninh Commune (Dong Hoi City) could not submit their documents due to lost connection to monitoring the journey.

Some fishermen in Bao Ninh commune and the Quang Binh Network Business Center had a working session with each other. Documents provided by fishermen clearly state that the loss of connection occurred from 11pm on April 15, 2024, due to the Thuraya 3 satellite incident.

The households requested the network operator to be responsible and give opinions to the Provincial People's Committee, in order to resolve and support according to Decision 48 of the Prime Minister.

CÔNG SÁNG
RELATED NEWS

Cruise monitoring incident: About 1,800 trains lost data

|

Quang Binh - After the reflection of Lao Dong Newspaper, VNPT checked and initially discovered about 1,800 trains lost data.

Surveillance disconnection incident: Statistics of fishing vessels in trouble

|

Quang Binh - After the reflection of Lao Dong Newspaper, VNPT coordinated with the Department of Fisheries to verify the number of fishing boats affected by the journey monitoring incident.

Fireworks explosion causes 141 people to be hospitalized after 4 days of Tet holiday

|

Accidents caused by firecrackers and fireworks continue to increase during Tet. In just 24 hours, 66 people had to be hospitalized for emergency treatment, and 34 cases were hospitalized.

Warehouse fire on the 2nd night of Tet in Ho Chi Minh City

|

Ho Chi Minh City - On the evening of the 2nd day of Tet, the Ho Chi Minh City Fire and Rescue Force promptly controlled the fire at a warehouse in Long Binh ward, preventing the fire from spreading.

9th Hour No. 189: Reunion - Part 1

|

Hour 9 - A cold home just because the wife gave birth to two daughters. The husband neglects and forces his wife to give birth to a son. What will happen to this family?

The outskirts of Hai Phong are heavily congested, the line of cars going to wish Tet is kilometers long

|

Hai Phong - From noon on the 2nd day of Tet, the roads leading to the outskirts of Tien Lang, Vinh Bao are in a state of congestion, at times congested for hours.

Violating the limit of alcohol concentration but requesting traffic police not to temporarily seize the vehicle

|

Nghe An - Wishing Tet to both paternal and maternal relatives on the 2nd day of Tet, a 54-year-old man in Hop Minh commune violated the limit of alcohol concentration, and was recorded and fined by traffic police.

Gold price update closing session 18. 2: Unexpected reversal, signs of recovery

|

Gold price update closing session 18. 2: World gold prices decreased compared to the previous day but are showing signs of recovery.

Cruise monitoring incident: About 1,800 trains lost data

CÔNG SÁNG |

Quang Binh - After the reflection of Lao Dong Newspaper, VNPT checked and initially discovered about 1,800 trains lost data.

Surveillance disconnection incident: Statistics of fishing vessels in trouble

CÔNG SÁNG |

Quang Binh - After the reflection of Lao Dong Newspaper, VNPT coordinated with the Department of Fisheries to verify the number of fishing boats affected by the journey monitoring incident.

Xử lý dứt điểm tàu cá mất kết nối giám sát hành trình

QUANG ĐẠI |

Nghệ An - Tỉnh chỉ đạo rà soát, xử lý triệt để tàu cá mất kết nối giám sát hành trình từ ngày 1.1.2023 đến nay.