Ho Chi Minh City tightens border gate surveillance, proactively prevents the risk of Ebola epidemic entering

NGUYỄN LY |

Today (May 19), the Ho Chi Minh City Department of Health said that it has strengthened surveillance measures to proactively prevent the risk of epidemics caused by the Ebola virus strain Bundibugyo.

Previously, on May 17, the World Health Organization (WHO) identified the outbreak of Ebola virus Bundibugyo in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda as an international public health emergency.

The Ho Chi Minh City Department of Health said that although WHO has not recommended restricting travel or international trade with epidemic-stricken countries, the city still requires preventive health units not to be subjective or negligent in epidemic prevention and control work.

Accordingly, the Ho Chi Minh City Center for Disease Control (HCDC) continues to tighten surveillance at border gates by monitoring abnormal health manifestations of inbound people, carefully exploiting epidemiological factors, travel and accommodation history. At the same time, the health sector coordinates with aviation, maritime and international medical quarantine forces to detect suspected cases early.

Safe treatment, isolation and transportation procedures for suspected cases are also being prepared. According to the Department of Health, early detection of suspected cases is a key factor in epidemic control at border gates today.

The Ho Chi Minh City health sector also maintains training for medical examination and treatment facilities on infection control, the use of personal protective equipment and procedures for handling suspected infections to be ready to respond if epidemics invade.

According to WHO recommendations, people closely exposed to Ebola cases need to be monitored for health for 21 days and restrict international travel during this time. WHO also does not recommend closing borders or deploying widespread entry screening at airports outside the area directly affected by the epidemic.

NGUYỄN LY
RELATED NEWS

Overnight emergency care to bring 2 critically ill patients from Truong Sa to the mainland for treatment

|

Ho Chi Minh City - May 19, Military Hospital 175 said it had successfully rescued 2 critical patients from the Truong Sa archipelago to the mainland for safe treatment.

Ministry of Health increases surveillance ahead of Ebola warning

|

World Health Organization (WHO) urgently warns internationally about the Ebola epidemic in Africa, Vietnamese Ministry of Health strengthens surveillance.

WHO puts Ebola epidemic in Africa on emergency status

|

WHO warns of a new Ebola outbreak in Congo and Uganda that is spreading to many densely populated areas.

People's Artist Thu Hien and many Vietnamese artists have spoken out when they were criticized for copyright

|

People's Artist Thu Hien, singer My Le, Thien Vuong and Vietnamese artists speak out because their music products have been "tipped" (reported of copyright infringement).

Hanoi supports temporary residence with a maximum of 15 million VND/month for households subject to clearance

|

Vice Chairman of Hanoi City People's Committee said that Hanoi has up to 26 specific mechanisms, helping to remove obstacles from the reality of land policy through periods.

Car suddenly catches fire in the middle of the road in Ho Chi Minh City

|

Ho Chi Minh City - A car traveling on Huynh Tan Phat street (Ho Chi Minh City) suddenly caught fire fiercely, completely burning the vehicle.

Trump says stop attacking Iran, reveals opportunity to reach nuclear deal

|

Mr. Trump said he had suspended a planned attack on Iran after Tehran sent a new peace proposal.

Overnight emergency care to bring 2 critically ill patients from Truong Sa to the mainland for treatment

NGUYỄN LY |

Ho Chi Minh City - May 19, Military Hospital 175 said it had successfully rescued 2 critical patients from the Truong Sa archipelago to the mainland for safe treatment.

Ministry of Health increases surveillance ahead of Ebola warning

Hà Lê |

World Health Organization (WHO) urgently warns internationally about the Ebola epidemic in Africa, Vietnamese Ministry of Health strengthens surveillance.

WHO puts Ebola epidemic in Africa on emergency status

Anh Vũ |

WHO warns of a new Ebola outbreak in Congo and Uganda that is spreading to many densely populated areas.