Israel's bloody attack on Gaza has just begun

Anh Vũ |

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the attack on Gaza was just begun and would continue until all targets were achieved.

Israel launched an airstrike across the Gaza Strip on the morning of March 18, killing more than 400 Palestinians, according to local health officials. This was the bloodiest attack in the entire 17-month war, mainly claiming the lives of women and children, according to the Gaza Ministry of Health.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ordered the attack after Hamas rejected Israel's request to release half of the remaining hostages to extend the ceasefire. He said the attack was just getting started and Israel would continue its military campaign until it achieved all its goals: killing Hamas and rescuing all its hostages. He affirmed that any further ceasefire negotiations would take place in the context of war.

The Israeli military has asked people in eastern Gaza to evacuate to the center of the territory, signaling the possibility of a new ground operation. Meanwhile, relief organizations warned that food, medicine, fuel and other essential goods were depleted after two weeks of Israel blocking all aid for 2 million Palestinians in Gaza.

The previous airstrike destroyed many houses, shelters and burned down a tent area. In Gaza City, Omar Greygaa, a local resident, said that after the attack, he ran to a hit building and witnessed a horrifying scene. Every room has a body, he said.

This attack could mark a full-scale return of the war that has killed and devastated tens of thousands of Palestinians in the Gaza Strip. It also raises concerns about the fate of about two dozen hostages captured by Hamas, who are believed to be alive.

A senior Hamas official, Izzat al-Risheq, said that Netanyahu's decision to continue the attack would mean a "death sentence" for the remaining hostages. He accused Netanyahu of launching the airstrike to strengthen his far-right coalition government.

After hours since the attack began, Hamas has yet to respond. However, the Houthi rebels in Yemen launched missiles at Israel for the first time since the ceasefire took effect. The missiles were intercepted before entering Israeli territory, the country's military said in a statement. Earlier in the weekend, the US carried out airstrikes targeting the Iran-backed Houthi group.

The attack comes as Netanyahu faces increasing domestic pressure. Major protests have been planned to protest his handling of the hostage crisis and his decision to fire the leader of Israel's internal security agency. Netanyahu's trial over a long corruption scandal has also been ruled out due to the war.

Despite the pressure, the attack appears to have brought Netanyahu a political advantage. Meanwhile, the group representing the families of the hostages who condemned the government "deberately destroyed" the ceasefire. Thousands of Israelis gathered at Tel Aviv Square on the evening of March 18 to protest Netanyahu's decision and demand a resumption of negotiations to return hostages.

Anh Vũ
RELATED NEWS

Israel launches fierce airstrikes in Gaza, at least 330 people killed

|

The Israeli military launched a large-scale airstrike in Gaza on March 18, killing at least 330 people.

ceasefire agreement collapses, Israel shots down Gaza Strip

|

The ceasefire in the Gaza Strip is believed to have collapsed when the Israeli army resumed airstrikes to destroy terrorist components of the Hamas force.

Israel stops supplying goods to the Gaza Strip

|

Israel has announced the suspension of all aid and goods supply activities in the Gaza Strip.

Fireworks light up, people flock to Hoan Kiem Lake to welcome the New Year

|

Many people flocked to Hoan Kiem Lake pedestrian street to watch fireworks to welcome the Binh Ngo Lunar New Year 2026.

Touching moment of soldiers celebrating New Year's Eve on the deck for 3 years

|

On New Year's Eve, on the deck of the ship in the middle of the ocean, Senior Lieutenant Nguyen Tien Thanh chatted on the online screen with his family, choked up listening to his mother's instructions.

Ho Chi Minh City residents eagerly await to watch fireworks to welcome the new year Binh Ngo

|

On the evening of the 29th of Tet, thousands of Ho Chi Minh City residents were present at Nguyen Hue flower street, Saigon River Tunnel Park... to have fun and watch fireworks to welcome the new year.

Tho oi!!" by Tran Thanh achieved revenue 1.5 times higher than 3 Vietnamese Tet movies combined

|

The box office race for the 2026 Tet movie is heating up every hour as opening revenue figures are continuously updated. Tran Thanh's "Thỏ ơi!!" leads.

Special New Year's Eve of Metro Line 1 staff serving customers overnight

|

Ho Chi Minh City - More than 1,000 Metro Line 1 employees put aside the joy of reunion, working through New Year's Eve to ensure safe train trips to serve people.

Israel launches fierce airstrikes in Gaza, at least 330 people killed

Thanh Hà |

The Israeli military launched a large-scale airstrike in Gaza on March 18, killing at least 330 people.

ceasefire agreement collapses, Israel shots down Gaza Strip

Bùi Đức |

The ceasefire in the Gaza Strip is believed to have collapsed when the Israeli army resumed airstrikes to destroy terrorist components of the Hamas force.

Israel stops supplying goods to the Gaza Strip

Anh Vũ |

Israel has announced the suspension of all aid and goods supply activities in the Gaza Strip.