Germany declares responsibility for Nord Stream sabotage

Ngọc Vân |

German Chancellor says there is nothing hidden in the investigation into the Nord Stream gas pipeline sabotage.

Berlin hopes to bring those responsible to justice “if we can catch them,” German Chancellor Olaf Scholz said on September 14, RT reported.

Mr Scholz also insisted that “nothing was covered up in the Nord Stream sabotage investigation” – days after Russia criticised the German investigation as “completely non-transparent”.

So far, no one has claimed responsibility for the September 2022 explosion that damaged three of the four branches of the Nord Stream pipeline, which carries Russian gas to Germany and other parts of Western Europe.

“We call on all security agencies and the Federal Prosecutor General to investigate the explosions without regard to anyone,” Chancellor Scholz said at a meeting with residents in Prenzlau, Brandenburg, on September 14.

“There is nothing hidden, that is absolutely clear. We want to bring those behind this to justice in Germany if we can catch them,” Mr Scholz stressed.

Last month, several German news agencies reported that authorities had issued the first arrest warrant in the case, allegedly for a Ukrainian citizen identified as “Vladimir Z.”

A few months after the Nord Stream explosion, Pulitzer Prize-winning American journalist Seymour Hersh, citing whistleblowers and other reliable sources, alleged that the operation was carried out by American divers, under the guise of NATO's BALTOPS 22 exercise.

Duong ong Nord Stream va Nord Stream 2 van chuyen khi dot tu Nga sang Duc. Anh: Gazprom
The Nord Stream and Nord Stream 2 pipelines transport gas from Russia to Germany. Photo: Gazprom

Moscow has not publicly accused Washington but noted that the United States benefits most from the disruption of cheap Russian gas supplies to the economic powerhouse of the European Union.

However, according to information promoted by Western media immediately after Hersh's revelation, the explosions were believed to have been carried out by a small group of pro-Ukrainian commandos.

The men are alleged to have chartered a yacht to the Nord Stream pipeline site and dived to plant explosives. The CIA and its European partners, as well as Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, were reportedly kept in the dark.

However, recently, the Wall Street Journal claimed that Mr. Zelensky knew about and approved this activity, then changed his mind and tried to stop it but failed.

Commenting on Germany's ongoing investigation into the Nord Stream gas pipeline sabotage, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on September 12 that Berlin has not shared any information with Moscow despite receiving numerous requests.

Mr Lavrov described the investigation as completely non-transparent and dismissed claims that “six individuals carried out the sabotage on impulse” as unbelievable.

“If anyone can really believe this version, it is only those who are afraid of the truth,” Lavrov said. The foreign minister affirmed that Russia will continue to demand a transparent investigation, “which is being prevented by the United States, the United Kingdom and their allies.”

Ngọc Vân
RELATED NEWS

New focus of the Nord Stream investigation

|

German investigators' accusation of Poland destroying the Nord Stream investigation is becoming a new focus of this investigation.

Revealing countries that help Nord Stream sabotage suspects escape

|

The Nord Stream sabotage suspect is believed to have used a Ukrainian diplomatic car to flee Poland.

Pruning in the way across the trunk on the central street of Lao Cai

|

Lao Cai - The fact that trees on many central provincial streets are cut into pillows, even cut across the trunk is giving rise to mixed public opinion.

OpenAI's new statement before lawsuit over the death of 16-year-old boy

|

OpenAI insists ChatGPT was not the cause of Adam Raine's death.

Mailisa Beauty salon's move after the decision to revoke 162 products

|

The Ministry of Health decided to revoke 162 Mailisa cosmetic products. Immediately after that, Mailisa cosmetic Institute took action related to the products.

Khanh Hoa supports 300,000 VND for each student in flooded areas to buy uniforms

|

Khanh Hoa - The Standing Committee of the Provincial Party Committee agreed on the policy of supporting 300,000 VND/student affected by floods to buy uniforms.

Assessing the worst scenario of storm No. 15 Koto, forecasting affected provinces

|

The most likely scenario at present is that storm No. 15 will change direction to the north when it reaches the northwest sea of Truong Sa province, weakening into a low pressure area.

Fire-red field kitchen cars in the flooded area, cooking more than 1,500 meals to support people

|

Dak Lak - The self-propelled kitchen truck of Brigade 655 caught fire in the wind and rain, cooking more than 1,500 meals for people in the flooded areas.

New focus of the Nord Stream investigation

Thanh Hà |

German investigators' accusation of Poland destroying the Nord Stream investigation is becoming a new focus of this investigation.

Đồng minh bất hòa về vụ phá hoại Nord Stream

Song Minh |

Ba Lan cho rằng cáo buộc của đồng minh Đức về việc nước này thông đồng với Ukraina phá hoại Nord Stream là "sửng sốt và gây sốc".

Revealing countries that help Nord Stream sabotage suspects escape

Ngọc Vân |

The Nord Stream sabotage suspect is believed to have used a Ukrainian diplomatic car to flee Poland.