Israel attacks Hezbollah leader

Khánh Minh |

On August 25, the Israeli army launched a major attack in Lebanon after assessing that Hezbollah was preparing to conduct a large-scale attack.

Hezbollah launched hundreds of missiles and drones at Israel in retaliation for the assassination of a senior commander in Beirut last month.

The violence on August 25 was one of the largest shootings since the conflict began between Israel and Hezbollah in parallel with the start of Israel's war against Hamas in Gaza.

In a statement, the Israeli military said that about 100 Israeli warplanes attacked more than 40 Hezbollah launch sites in southern Lebanon right before the group's attack.

Hezbollah also claimed to have launched drones and more than 320 Katyusha missiles towards Israel and attacked 11 military targets. Hezbollah said it had completed the "first phase" of the attack in response to the assassination of Fuad Shukr, a senior Israeli commander, last month in Beirut.

Hezollhah denied Israel's allegations of the coordinated attacks but said in a statement that their military operations were successfully completed within the day.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu chaired an emergency security cabinet meeting at 7 a.m. local time.

We are determined to do everything we can to protect the country, return the people of the North home safely and continue to maintain a simple rule: Whoever harms us - we will harm that person, Netanyahu said in a statement.

Israeli Foreign Minister Katz said Israel would react to developments on the ground but not seek a full-scale war.

The Israeli military spokesman said that most of the Israeli strikes were aimed at targets in southern Lebanon, but the army was ready to attack anyplace with a threat.

Israel has declared a state of emergency and flights to and from Ben Gurion airport in Tel Aviv have been suspended for about 90 minutes, but airport authorities said normal operations are expected to resume at 7am.

Khánh Minh
RELATED NEWS

Levia Plus bottled water on the list of substandard products

|

Hanoi - Levia Plus and Thang Long are 2 bottled drinking water samples with test results that did not meet microbial indicators.

Hanoi invests nearly 5,600 billion VND to build 10 emergency flood prevention works

|

Hanoi - Investing nearly 5,600 billion VND to build 10 emergency flood prevention works, prioritizing completion before the 2026 rainy and storm season.

Gasoline and oil price forecast in tomorrow afternoon's operating session 12. 2

|

Forecast of gasoline and oil prices tomorrow, February 12, may increase by 0.2-3.6% compared to the previous operating period, if no provision or use of the gasoline and oil price stabilization fund is made.

Enrollment 2026: Series of universities adjust admission combinations and targets

|

Many universities have announced their enrollment plans for 2026, with some adjustments to admission combinations and targets.

Traffic police promptly took the woman who had convulsions to the emergency room

|

Lam Dong - While traveling on a passenger car, a woman had convulsions and fainted and was discovered by the Traffic Police and taken to the hospital for emergency treatment.

House cleaning services are selling well during Tet, many families have to schedule appointments

|

The demand for cleaning and sanitizing houses of people in Hanoi is increasing, making house cleaning services popular in the days leading up to Tet.

91-year-old woman in Hanoi receives support after Lao Dong Newspaper article

|

After the article by Lao Dong Newspaper, a 91-year-old woman in Hanoi has received a new allowance for January, February and March, with a level of 650,000 VND per month.

AI cameras support Hanoi traffic police to maintain traffic flow on the days leading up to Tet

|

Hanoi - AI camera data in real time helps traffic police forces flexibly operate traffic lights, remote traffic diversion...

Israel tấn công Gaza bất chấp nỗ lực thúc đẩy ngừng bắn

Bùi Đức |

Israel vừa phát động một cuộc tấn công mới ở Gaza bất chấp những nỗ lực ngăn chặn chiến tranh của Mỹ và nhiều quốc gia trong khu vực.

Israel không kích trường học ở Gaza, khoảng 100 người chết

Thanh Hà |

Cuộc không kích của Israel vào một khu trường học ở Gaza, nơi có những gia đình phải di tản đang lưu trú, khiến khoảng 100 người chết.

Israel chuẩn bị ứng phó cuộc trả đũa của Hezbollah

Anh Vũ |

Israel chuẩn bị nhiều biện pháp ứng phó với các cuộc tấn công trước tuyên bố trả đũa của Hezbollah.