Israel and Hezbollah may have a ceasefire agreement

Anh Vũ |

A leaked proposal calls for Israel to withdraw its troops from Lebanon in the first week of a 60-day ceasefire.

Lebanese Prime Minister Najib Mikati has expressed hope that a ceasefire will be announced within days, as an Israeli television station published a draft agreement stipulating an initial 60-day ceasefire.

Israel will withdraw its troops from Lebanon in the first week of the deal, according to two sources familiar with the situation.

Prime Minister Najib Mikati had previously been pessimistic about the possibility of reaching an agreement before the US presidential election, scheduled for November 5. However, a conversation on October 30 with US Special Envoy for the Middle East, Amos Hochstein, gave Mikati a more positive outlook. Hochstein said the possibility of reaching an agreement was entirely possible.

Speaking to Lebanon's Al Jadeed, Prime Minister Mikati shared that Lebanon is making every effort to reach a ceasefire agreement between Israel and Hezbollah in the next few hours or days.

The talks are opening up a new opportunity to achieve temporary peace, contributing to easing the conflict and establishing a foundation for further reconciliation steps in the region.

Anh Vũ
RELATED NEWS

US reviews Israeli military activities in Gaza

|

Israel risks violating international law by causing civilian casualties by using US weapons in its attacks on Gaza. The US is actively reviewing the incidents.

US shocked after Israeli attack in Gaza

|

Israel’s October 29 attack on northern Gaza left at least 93 people dead or missing. US officials said the incident was “horrific.”

Israel votes to ban UN aid agency

|

The UN's humanitarian agency in the Middle East is at risk of facing a ban from operating in Israel.

Can Gio - Vung Tau sea-crossing road project expected to be submitted to Ho Chi Minh City People's Council in June

|

Ho Chi Minh City accelerates completion of dossiers and procedures to submit to Ho Chi Minh City People's Council for consideration of investment policy for the sea-crossing road project connecting Can Gio - Vung Tau in June.

Increasing the capacity of Da Phuoc landfill landfill will go against the green city goal

|

Ho Chi Minh City - Increasing the landfill capacity of Da Phuoc landfill from 24 to 41 million tons not only increases the risk of pollution but also goes against the goal of developing green cities.

Government Inspectorate receives 7 deployed People's Police officers

|

The Government Inspectorate announced the decision to receive a public assignment for a limited time for 7 People's Police officers.

US reviews Israeli military activities in Gaza

Bùi Đức |

Israel risks violating international law by causing civilian casualties by using US weapons in its attacks on Gaza. The US is actively reviewing the incidents.

US shocked after Israeli attack in Gaza

Bùi Đức |

Israel’s October 29 attack on northern Gaza left at least 93 people dead or missing. US officials said the incident was “horrific.”

Israel votes to ban UN aid agency

Bùi Đức |

The UN's humanitarian agency in the Middle East is at risk of facing a ban from operating in Israel.