Russian troops searched and pushed all Ukrainian forces out of about 400 buildings in the operation to control Vodyanskoye in the Donetsk region, the Russian Ministry of Defense said on August 19.
Earlier on August 19, the ministry announced that units of the Central Operations Group had liberated the Vodyanskoye settlement in the Donetsk People's Republic "through decisive combat operations".
Soldiers of the 5th Independent Guard Motorized Infantry Brigade named Zakharchenko, belonging to the 51st Guard Corps of the Central Operations Group, have controlled the Vodyanskoye settlement of the Donetsk People's Republic in operations in the Dobropolye frontline area. In general, the shock teams have searched and cleared about 400 buildings and structures from Ukrainian gunmen in their operation," the Russian Ministry of Defense said in a statement.
According to the Russian Ministry of Defense, coordination activities between air and ground reconnaissance units, artillery crews and attack drones have allowed to quickly destroy enemy positions detected, creating conditions for shock teams to enter settlements and completely control the area systematically.
