Major General Dang Quoc Dong, Commander of the Lao Cai Provincial Military Command, who is directly directing rescue and relief work at the scene, said that from last night to this afternoon (February 22), 500 officers and soldiers of the forces have not rested for a minute, urgently searching for the victims.
According to Major General Dang Quoc Dong, the accident area is more than 1km from the shore, the water is deep and there is a stream below, and the sky is foggy, so the search process is being urgently deployed but still must ensure safety for the rescue forces participating.

The Provincial Military Command, Provincial Police and local forces have been mobilized to the maximum for the search. However, due to dark night conditions and deep water, it is very difficult for the search force.
By this morning, the frogman special task force of the Ministry of National Defense had arrived to support the search work," Major General Dang Quoc Dong said.

According to information from the rescue force, on the morning of December 22, the body of Hoang Duc M. (born 2015) was found.
Late in the afternoon, 4 more bodies were successfully salvaged including: Hoang Thi T (born 1966); Trieu Thi H (born 1978); Hoang Thi Thanh T (born 2012); and Hoang Thi H (born 1970).
Previously, at 7:15 pm on February 21, two ships with registration numbers YB0876H and YB0919 collided on Thac Ba Lake. Ship YB0876H carrying 23 people moved in the direction of Yen Binh - Cam Nhan; ship YB0919 carrying 515 tons of stone went in the opposite direction.
As a result, ship YB0876H sank, 6 people went missing, and 17 people were rescued.