On May 19 (US time), The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) quoted regional officials as saying that some Gulf countries were not informed in advance about the US plan to attack Iran on May 19.
According to WSJ, these countries only learned about the above plan after US President Donald Trump publicly announced that he had decided to postpone the campaign.
Previously, Mr. Trump said that leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) had asked him to temporarily suspend military action to create more opportunities for diplomatic solutions.
According to the US President, regional leaders believe that there is still a possibility to persuade Iran to compromise on the nuclear issue.
However, WSJ said that many officials from other Gulf countries said that they were completely unaware that the US was preparing to attack Iran.
On May 18, Mr. Trump said that he had decided not to carry out the attack scheduled for May 19 after receiving requests from Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the UAE.
However, the US leader warned Washington could resume attacks if the US and Iran do not soon reach an agreement that Washington considers acceptable.
The US and Israel launched a military campaign against Iran from February 28.
On April 7, Mr. Trump announced the establishment of a two-week ceasefire with Iran.
Since April 11, the US and Iran have conducted many rounds of negotiations in Islamabad, Pakistan. However, the two sides later admitted that they could not reach a long-term agreement due to many disagreements.
On April 21, US President Donald Trump announced that he would extend the ceasefire order to create more time for the negotiation process.
WSJ information shows that even some close US partners in the Middle East are not fully informed about military plans related to Iran.