Hezbollah attacks Israeli military base

Thanh Hà |

Hezbollah in Lebanon said it fired a barrage of rockets at a military base deep inside Israel early on September 22.

Hezbollah said it had launched "dozens of Fadi 1 and Fadi 2 missiles" - a new type of weapon the group had never used before - at the Ramat David air base, southeast of Haifa, Israel "in response to repeated Israeli attacks on various parts of Lebanon that have resulted in the deaths of many civilians".

Hezbollah has vowed to retaliate against Israel for a series of apparently remote-detonated explosions targeting Hezbollah members' pagers and radios on September 17 and 18 that killed at least 37 people and injured some 3,000 others. Israel was accused of carrying out the sophisticated surprise attack.

On September 20, an Israeli airstrike destroyed an eight-story building in a densely populated residential area in Beirut's southern suburbs while Hezbollah members were meeting in the basement, according to Israel.

Among those killed was Ibrahim Akil, a senior Hezbollah official who commanded a special unit called the Radwan Force. The Israeli military said Ahmed Wahbi, a senior commander in Hezbollah's military wing, was also killed.

Lebanese Health Minister Firass Abiad said at least seven women and three children were killed in the airstrike on the building on September 20, with 68 others injured, including 15 who were hospitalized.

It was the deadliest air strike on Beirut since a bloody month-long war in 2006 between Israel and Hezbollah and the death toll could rise as 23 people remained missing, a Lebanese government official said.

Akil has been wanted by the United States for years for his alleged involvement in the 1983 bombing of the U.S. Embassy in Beirut and the kidnapping of American and German hostages in Lebanon in the 1980s. Last year, the U.S. Department of Foreign Affairs announced a reward of up to $7 million for information leading to the “identification, location, arrest and/or conviction” of Akil.

Wahbi, meanwhile, is described as a commander who played a key role in Hezbollah for decades, having been detained in an Israeli prison in southern Lebanon in 1984. Hezbollah said Wahbi was one of the "field commanders" in a 1997 ambush in southern Lebanon that killed 12 Israeli soldiers.

According to Hezbollah, 15 members of the group were killed by Israeli forces but did not specify the time and place of death. Meanwhile, Israeli military spokesman Nadav Shoshani said on September 21 that 16 Hezbollah members were killed in an airstrike on September 20.

Israel and Hezbollah also exchanged heavy attacks and airstrikes on September 21. The Israeli military confirmed that about 90 rockets were fired into northern Israel and that Israel attacked more than 400 rocket launchers in Lebanon on the same day.

Thanh Hà
RELATED NEWS

Fireworks light up, people flock to Hoan Kiem Lake to welcome the New Year

|

Many people flocked to Hoan Kiem Lake pedestrian street to watch fireworks to welcome the Binh Ngo Lunar New Year 2026.

Touching moment of soldiers celebrating New Year's Eve on the deck for 3 years

|

On New Year's Eve, on the deck of the ship in the middle of the ocean, Senior Lieutenant Nguyen Tien Thanh chatted on the online screen with his family, choked up listening to his mother's instructions.

Ho Chi Minh City residents eagerly await to watch fireworks to welcome the new year Binh Ngo

|

On the evening of the 29th of Tet, thousands of Ho Chi Minh City residents were present at Nguyen Hue flower street, Saigon River Tunnel Park... to have fun and watch fireworks to welcome the new year.

Tho oi!!" by Tran Thanh achieved revenue 1.5 times higher than 3 Vietnamese Tet movies combined

|

The box office race for the 2026 Tet movie is heating up every hour as opening revenue figures are continuously updated. Tran Thanh's "Thỏ ơi!!" leads.

Special New Year's Eve of Metro Line 1 staff serving customers overnight

|

Ho Chi Minh City - More than 1,000 Metro Line 1 employees put aside the joy of reunion, working through New Year's Eve to ensure safe train trips to serve people.

Year-end reunion meal of female workers after 27 years away from home

|

Hung Yen - After 27 years away from home, the year-end meal of Ms. Dao Thi Thinh's family in Tien Lu commune became more crowded, warm and bustling than ever.

Minister Tran Hong Minh inspects transportation, requests to limit delays and cancellations

|

On the afternoon of the 29th of Tet (February 16th of the solar calendar), Minister of Construction Tran Hong Minh inspected aviation, roads, railways, and metro; visited traffic police.

Russia is considering aid options for Cuba

|

The Russian Ambassador said that contact is taking place both directly and through the Russian Embassy in Havana and the Cuban Embassy in Moscow.

Israel airstrikes Lebanon, kills senior Hezbollah commander

Song Minh |

The precise Israeli attack on the Lebanese capital killed senior Hezbollah leader Ibrahim aqil and many others.

Hezbollah suffers another huge loss of equipment

Thanh Hà |

Israel destroyed 1,000 Hezbollah rocket launchers, the Israeli military said.

Revealing the place where the pager exploded in Lebanon

Thanh Hà |

The pagers used by Hezbollah members that exploded in Lebanon and Syria were made by a company in Budapest, Hungary.