Iran asks Qatar to allow investigation into 3 missing pilots

Châu Anh |

Iran proposes Qatar to allow the Iranian military investigation team to enter the country to verify information related to 3 pilots missing since March.

On August 16 (Tehran time), according to Xinhua news agency, Mr. Mohammad Bagherzadeh, Commander of the Committee for the Search for Missing Persons under the General Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces, proposed that Qatar allow an Iranian Air Force expert team to come to the country to investigate the on-site case of 3 missing pilots in March.

The proposal was made after Qatari Foreign Ministry spokesman Majed Al Ansari on August 15 rejected Iran's accusations that Qatari forces had captured 3 pilots after their fighter jets were shot down while returning from a military mission targeting a US base in Qatar.

Mr. Bagherzadeh said that a group of Iranian Air Force experts had waited for months to be allowed to go to Qatar for investigation. However, according to him, access to the scene has not been carried out due to obstacles and delays from Qatar.

The Iranian commander called on Qatar to allow the expert team to enter to verify the incident, instead of just denying the accusation.

According to Mr. Bagherzadeh's previous statement, 3 Iranian pilots were arrested and another pilot died after their fighter jets were shot down in March. The body of pilot Majid Kazemi was brought back to Iran and buried in Shiraz city, southern Iran, at the end of July.

The incident occurred amid escalating conflict between the US and Iran. On February 28, the US-Israel coalition launched attacks targeting Tehran and several other Iranian cities. Iran then responded with missile and drone launches targeting Israel and US bases and facilities in the region.

To date, Qatar has rejected the accusation of arresting Iranian pilots and has not disclosed information about whether to allow the Iranian expert team to investigate or not.

Châu Anh
RELATED NEWS

Qatar informs Russia of progress in US-Iran negotiations on the Hormuz Strait

|

Qatar said it is maintaining contact with Russia to update the negotiation process between the US and Iran.

Iran suddenly changes decision, blocks 2 Qatari LNG ships in front of Hormuz

|

Iran blocked 2 Qatari liquefied natural gas (LNG) tankers even though they had previously been allowed to pass through the Strait of Hormuz.

US faces great pressure in searching for pilot of plane shot down in Iran

|

2 US planes shot down, one pilot missing, increasing tensions and risks in the Iranian conflict.

Service car driver suspected of stroke dies, car plunges into rice field

|

Nghe An - A 57-year-old service car driver showed signs of unconsciousness while driving, causing the car to plunge into a rice field. The victim was later determined to have died.

Cave of pangolin weighing nearly 7kg discovered on a residential road in Nghe An

|

Nghe An - A pangolin weighing nearly 7kg was discovered on a people's road and handed over to functional agencies to be taken to Pu Mat National Park for rescue.

Black market tickets for the Vietnam vs Malaysia semi-final second leg of the ASEAN Cup increased rapidly

|

Vietnam's 2-0 victory over Malaysia caused the demand for watching the second leg at My Dinh to increase rapidly, and ticket prices on the black market increased many times over.

Reaching nearly 43%, Vinh Long accelerates free health check-ups for all people

|

Vinh Long - Free health check-ups for more than 1.4 million people, reaching nearly 43% of the population, a sharp increase compared to the previous month.

Qatar informs Russia of progress in US-Iran negotiations on the Hormuz Strait

Châu Anh |

Qatar said it is maintaining contact with Russia to update the negotiation process between the US and Iran.

Iran suddenly changes decision, blocks 2 Qatari LNG ships in front of Hormuz

Thanh Hà |

Iran blocked 2 Qatari liquefied natural gas (LNG) tankers even though they had previously been allowed to pass through the Strait of Hormuz.

US faces great pressure in searching for pilot of plane shot down in Iran

Anh Vũ |

2 US planes shot down, one pilot missing, increasing tensions and risks in the Iranian conflict.