Russia pushes Ukrainian troops out of Kursk in many directions

Song Minh |

Ukrainian forces have been increasingly pushed back from many settlements in Russia's Kursk region.

The two villages in Kursk province have been liberated - RT reported, citing the Russian Ministry of Defense at a regular press conference on September 16.

Russian forces are pushing back Ukrainian troops in Kursk province in many directions - the Ministry of Defense added.

The Russian Defense Ministry report highlighted the liberation of two Russian settlements from Ukrainian troops. One of them, Uspenovka, is located 24km west of the town of Sudzha. Sudzha was the focus of Kiev's offensive. The remaining settlement, Borky, is 14km southeast of Sudzha.

The ministry also listed seven other villages where nearby Ukrainian units were said to have been defeated in the past 24 hours, including one just 11km south of Sudzha.

Kiev has sent thousands of troops across the northern border into Russia's Kursk region since August 6. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said the operation was part of a "victory plan" he plans to submit to the US government for consideration this month. US support is understood to be very important for Ukraine to implement its strategy.

According to the latest Russian estimate, the number of Ukrainian casualties in the Kursk operation has reached 13,800.

Last week, the Russian military announced the liberation of 10 settlements in Kursk. President Zelensky confirmed the Russian counterattack, saying that Ukraine had planned a suitable counterattack.

Earlier on September 16, the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) accused Kiev of considering staging a diversionist attack on a children's facility in its territory and blaming it on Russia.

The SVR said that accusing Russia of "inhumane Provocation" would help the Ukrainian government put pressure on the US and its allies to be allowed to use their weapons for long-range strikes deep inside Russia.

Song Minh
RELATED NEWS

Mr. Vu Dai Thang was elected Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee

|

Hanoi - Mr. Vu Dai Thang, Deputy Secretary of the City Party Committee, was elected Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee for the 2021 - 2026 term.

Mailisa beauty salon building in Ho Chi Minh City closes after announcement of temporary suspension of operations

|

HCMC - Mailisa Beauty salon on Huynh Van Banh Street (HCMC) closed after announcing a temporary suspension of operations throughout the system.

US reviews all green cards from 19 countries after shooting that killed bodyguards

|

The US has said it will review all green cards issued to immigrants from 19 countries that were classified as "concerned" after the shooting that killed one National Guard officer.

Carrying a basket to the port of Lam Dong, a fisherman missing after being hit by waves

|

Lam Dong - Authorities are searching for a missing fisherman due to big waves submerging his fishing basket.

Excitedly receiving support to rebuild roofs after being torn apart by floods

|

Gia Lai - After the storm and flood, Mr. Ho Thanh Hai's abandoned house was helped by the Lao Dong Golden Heart Fund - Lao Dong Newspaper to rebuild a shelter and recover after the natural disaster.

Premier League copyright changes and Vietnamese television market problem

|

The Premier League's change of copyright owner in Vietnam will put the television market into a problem of competition, monopoly and business efficiency in the context of increasing copyright costs.

Storm No. 15 Koto changes direction continuously in the next 3 days

|

Storm No. 15 Koto will change direction continuously in the next 3 days, and is likely to weaken into a tropical depression when moving into the sea off the coast of Quang Ngai - Dak Lak.

Nghi phạm ám sát ông Trump bị ám ảnh về Ukraina

Ngọc Vân |

Nghi phạm ám sát cựu Tổng thống Donald Trump được cho là sẵn sàng "chiến đấu và chết" vì Ukraina.

Nga bắn hạ 3 máy bay chiến đấu của Ukraina trong 1 ngày

Ngọc Vân |

Bộ Quốc phòng Nga cho biết Ukraina mất hai máy bay Su-27 thời Liên Xô và một máy bay MiG-29.

Pháo binh Nga giáng đòn vào bộ binh Ukraina ở Kursk

Ngọc Vân |

Đoạn video do Bộ Quốc phòng Nga công bố cho thấy, cuộc tấn công chính xác vào quân đội Ukraina ở tỉnh Kursk.