At noon on April 2, information from the Ministry of National Defense said that while carrying out rescue work atottara Thiri Hospital in the capital Naypyidaw of Myanmar, the rescue force of the Vietnam People's Army (VPA) received information about a victim trapped in the rubble after the earthquake but still alive.
Initially, the victim was identified as a young man about 26-27 years old, trapped inside the Aye Chan Thar Hotel in Naypyidaw, about 20km from the hospital where the Vietnamese team is conducting rescue operations.

Immediately, the rescue forces of the Vietnam People's Army sent a 6-man engineering team to coordinate with rescue forces from Turkey and Myanmar to rescue the victim.
When rescue forces arrived at the victim's location, the victim could still speak and said he was still fine, lacking only food and water.
According to the latest update, at 2:00 p.m. on April 2, the rescue forces of the Vietnam People's Army in coordination with rescue forces from Myanmar and Turkey successfully rescued a young man trapped inside the Aye Chan Thar Hotel in the capital Naypyidaw.
The rescue worker was Htet Maung Maung, 26, a captain in the hotel. The victim's health is quite good, because the rescue team had previously given him water.
Mr. U Myint Lin, the victim's father, said: "The day the earthquake occurred, his family was at home, and Mr. Htet Maung Maung went to work at the hotel.
For nearly a week, the family has not received any news about their son, and it was only this morning that he was informed that he was still alive.
After being rescued, Htet Maung Maung was taken to the ambulance to be transferred to the hospital in the joy of his family, rescue forces and those present.

Also on the morning of April 2, the rescue forces of the Vietnam People's Army continued to search for victims trapped inottara Thiri Private Hospital in the capital Naypyidaw.
The rescue forces of the Vietnam People's Army have been provided with detailed maps of the hospital and the locations where the victim is suspected of being stuck by doctors; at the same time, it is said that the hospital is likely to have 14 to 20 victims.

Major General Pham Van Ty - Deputy Director of the Rescue - Rescue Department (Ministry of General Staff of the People's Army of Vietnam), Head of the Vietnam People's Army delegation participated in supporting the consequences of the earthquake in Myanmar - said that in the morning, the delegation deployed 3 groups to search and find ways to take the victims out. The delegation discovered 4 bodies, of which 1 body was taken out by the Vietnam People's Army's rescue force at 10am 2.4.
According to Major General Pham Van Ty, the local rescue forces and local people highly appreciate the search results of the Vietnam People's Army team. People said that for nearly a week now, they have been waiting outside the hospital in the hope of finding relatives.