Warning about teenagers making firecrackers

CÔNG SÁNG |

Quang Binh - Recently, teenagers making and using firecrackers have caused some serious consequences.

Life-threatening

On December 9, news from Quang Binh Provincial Police said that they have implemented many plans to coordinate with schools and local authorities to propagate and warn about the dangers of firecrackers.

Previously, on December 7, the Vietnam - Cuba Dong Hoi Friendship Hospital received emergency treatment for 4 students aged 13-14 in Truong Son commune (Quang Ninh district). The children suffered severe burns, swelling of the entire face, limbs, and multiple injuries to the body due to making firecrackers according to instructions on the Internet.

The extent of the patients' injuries was very serious, with burns ranging from 20-25% deep. The treatment process required a long time because the injuries caused by homemade firecrackers had a deep thermal impact and caused deep damage to the body's components.

According to Quang Binh Provincial Police, the manufacture and use of firecrackers not only violates the law but also poses a serious safety risk. In particular, many cases of students learning how to make firecrackers from social networks have been recorded recently, leading to tragic accidents. In Hoa Trach Commune (Bo Trach District), the police force promptly stopped 3 teenagers aged 12-14 carrying 30 homemade firecrackers. If not detected early, the consequences can be very serious, even life-threatening.

Since the beginning of 2024, Quang Binh provincial authorities have prevented a series of cases related to the illegal storage, use, and trade of fireworks. However, the situation of teenagers making their own fireworks is still complicated, showing the need for stronger measures in propaganda and education.

Violations not only directly affect the perpetrators but also cause disorder and danger to the community. Organizations, schools and families need to work closely to raise awareness among young people and avoid unfortunate consequences.

Be alert and prevent thoroughly.

Quang Binh Provincial Police informed that according to Decree No. 144, the act of illegally transporting and storing fireworks can be subject to an administrative fine of 10-20 million VND. In addition, the Penal Code also stipulates strict penalties, including imprisonment from 1-15 years for the act of illegally manufacturing and trading fireworks and from 6 months to 10 years for the act of storing and transporting prohibited goods.

Violations not only directly affect the perpetrators but also cause disorder and danger to the community. Organizations, schools and families need to work closely to raise awareness among young people and avoid unfortunate consequences.

Faced with the alarming situation, Quang Binh Provincial Police have deployed many plans in coordination with schools and local authorities to propagate and warn about the dangers of firecrackers. In addition, families need to pay close attention to their children, promptly detect and prevent dangerous behaviors.

Lunar New Year is approaching, this is the time to raise vigilance, completely prevent the illegal use of firecrackers. Let's join hands for the safety of the community, say no to firecrackers, contribute to bringing a peaceful and happy Tet to every family.

Ms. Hoang Oanh (Dong Hoi City, Quang Binh Province) said that it is necessary to strictly manage students in the process of making and using fireworks. This helps protect the health and lives of the students themselves and those around them.

CÔNG SÁNG
RELATED NEWS

Enrollment 2026: Series of universities announce admission plans

|

To date, many universities across the country have announced their expected enrollment plans for 2026.

President Donald Trump orders 10% global tax

|

On February 20, President Donald Trump announced a 10% tariff on all imports into the US after a Supreme Court ruling.

Short Tet holiday of the Vietnamese women's team

|

The Tet holiday of the Vietnamese women's team is short, less than 3 days to prepare for the journey to conquer a ticket to the 2027 Women's World Cup.

Mai Thu Huyen: My husband and son cook very well

|

Producer and actress Mai Thu Huyen shared about her family and Tet memories.

Driver violates alcohol concentration, no driver's license while carrying dozens of passengers

|

Quang Tri - Functional forces are handling a driver who violated alcohol concentration and did not have a driver's license while carrying dozens of passengers to Ho Chi Minh City.

At the beginning of the year, people flock to spring festivals

|

Nghe An - In the early days of Binh Ngo 2026, tens of thousands of tourists flocked to relics and scenic spots in Nghe An to offer incense and admire the scenery.

Infrastructure creates leverage for Ho Chi Minh City tourism to accelerate in 2026

|

Ho Chi Minh City - Infrastructure is one of the important factors, creating momentum for Ho Chi Minh City tourism to accelerate in 2026.

Hanoi welcomes nearly 594,000 visitors, earning more than 2,200 billion VND from tourism

|

Hanoi welcomed nearly 594,000 visitors in 5 days of Tet holiday, international visitors increased sharply, total tourism revenue reached more than 2,200 billion VND.

3 thiếu niên mua hàng qua mạng về sản xuất pháo nổ

CÔNG SÁNG |

Quảng Bình - 3 thiếu niên tại huyện Bố Trạch mua các vật dụng qua mạng để sản xuất, chế tạo pháo nổ tại nhà.

Nghiêm cấm thanh thiếu niên chế tạo pháo nổ dịp Tết

QUÁCH DU |

Thanh Hóa - Trước dịp Tết Nguyên đán 2025, ngành chức năng đã phối hợp triển khai các biện pháp nhằm phòng ngừa việc chế tạo pháo nổ trong thanh thiếu niên.

Phát hiện gần 600 kg pháo nổ trong rẫy cà phê

THANH TUẤN |

Gia Lai - Tại khu vực gần cửa khẩu biên giới, cơ quan chức năng phát hiện 583,9kg pháo nổ có ký tự nước ngoài.