Many proposals to support the agricultural sector to recover after storm No. 3

Phong Nguyễn |

Storm No. 3 and its aftermath caused heavy damage to people and property, with many areas of rice, crops, and aquatic products being flooded and damaged. In order to promptly stabilize production activities, people and businesses immediately began to overcome the consequences, to soon bring agricultural production back to normal.

According to the report of the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI), storm No. 3 and its circulation have so far killed or left missing 353 people, injured about 1,900 people and caused severe psychological trauma to many people in the disaster area, especially children, the elderly and vulnerable groups.

Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) Nguyen Hoang Hiep said: As of September 16, 2024, in addition to the number of dead and missing people, storms and floods have caused over 190,358 hectares of rice to be flooded and damaged, concentrated in: Hai Phong, Nam Dinh, Bac Giang, Thai Binh, Hanoi, Hai Duong, Ha Nam, Bac Ninh, Vinh Phuc 9,830...; over 48,727 hectares of crops to be flooded and damaged; over 31,745 hectares of fruit trees to be damaged; over 3,269 aquaculture cages to be damaged and swept away (mainly in Quang Ninh, Hai Duong); over 21,786 livestock and 2,621,106 poultry to die...

Ms. Nguyen Thi Hai Binh - CEO of STP Group - shared: Storm No. 3 also caused damage to over 10 hectares of the group's aquaculture area, with initial damage of about 10 billion VND.

Deputy Director of the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development of Quang Ninh province, Phan Thanh Nghi, said that if the scale of farming is calculated, each household invests from 2-3 billion VND, with some households investing tens of billions of VND, then the people's losses are up to thousands of billions of VND.

Mr. Cao Tuong Huy - Chairman of Quang Ninh Provincial People's Committee - said that up to now, production and business activities in Quang Ninh have been restored. The entire coal industry, industrial parks and economic zones have returned to normal operations. Notably, right after the storm passed, Mong Cai International Border Gate reopened customs clearance from September 9.

Quang Ninh leaders also made a number of proposals to the Government such as: Allowing additional subjects such as forestry and seafood production and processing enterprises to enjoy support policies according to Decree No. 02 of the Government; directing ministries and branches to study debt deferral and extension in the direction of application to the tourism, service, trade and industry sectors; directing commercial banks to have policies to reduce interest rates, policies for aquaculture households and forest planting households to borrow capital...

Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Phung Duc Tien has directed the Department of Fisheries to soon organize a conference on production recovery, especially in marine farming. At the same time, international organizations and enterprises should be mobilized to support breeds, food, equipment, etc. for enterprises and people affected by the storm.

"We are sure that Vietnamese enterprises will share with the localities that are suffering losses and we will soon recover seafood production," Deputy Minister Phung Duc Tien affirmed.

Phong Nguyễn
RELATED NEWS

Hanoi people go out for Tet with 3 people, not wearing helmets

|

Hanoi - On the 1st day of Tet, people in the Capital are bustling with beautiful clothes to go spring travel, but there are many cases of not wearing helmets.

Mr. Trump declares role in negotiations with Iran

|

Mr. Trump signaled that he would participate in indirect negotiations amid escalating tensions with Iran.

3 Horse-year faces of Vietnamese sports expected at ASIAD 20

|

Vietnamese sports have many Horse-year athletes who are typical players expected in 2026.

On the morning of the 1st day of Tet, the streets of Ho Chi Minh City are quiet and peaceful

|

In the cool weather on the morning of February 17 (1st day of the Binh Ngo Tet), the streets of Ho Chi Minh City from the gateway avenue to each small alley have become deserted and peaceful.

Villages in the core area of Phong Nha - Ke Bang welcome the first Tet in bright electric lights

|

Quang Tri - Lunar New Year 2026, Rao Con village in the core area of Phong Nha - Ke Bang brightens up the national power grid, opening a new step for people's lives.

Spring on the continental shelf, steadfast steel fortresses DK1

|

Naval Region 2 - In the middle of the ocean on the southern continental shelf, officers and soldiers of DK1 platform welcome Spring in combat readiness, keeping the peace of the mainland.

Dong Nai receives more than 41 billion VND in support to overcome storm number 3

HÀ ANH CHIẾN |

Dong Nai received more than 41 billion VND from units, businesses and individuals to support people in the Northern provinces to overcome the damage caused by storm No. 3.

Mobilizing members to support people affected by storm No. 3

Thanh Nhàn |

The Trade Union of Dong Thap Industrial Parks and Economic Zones launched a campaign for union members to contribute to support people affected by storm No. 3.

International community continues to support Vietnam to overcome storm No. 3

Phương Anh |

Faced with the severe consequences caused by storm No. 3, Vietnam has received many aid shipments from the international community.