For more than 10 days, right after the serious landslide on Km226+700 on National Highway 20 broke more than 70m of the roadbed, Project Management Board 85 (Ministry of Construction) and units in Lam Dong province have focused on human resources and means to overcome the landslide.

The plan was proposed and quickly implemented the construction of opening a temporary road through the landslide site. The temporary road is expanded to 8m to ensure 2 lanes for traffic.
As of the morning of November 30, the temporary road opening items through Mimosa Pass have basically been completed. Project Management Board 85 is focusing on human resources, vehicles to roll the road surface and asphalt to open the route on December 1 as originally planned.

Mr. Hoang Tuan Dung, Project Management Director of Project Management Board 85, said that immediately after the first first first victim of a serious landslide, the unit mobilized total labor, vehicles, and machinery to divide into many construction shifts to temporarily open a road through the landslide overnight.

"As promised to the leaders of Lam Dong province and the people in the province, we have focused on human resources and means to complete the temporary road opening through the landslide on Mimosa Pass as soon as possible. The items are constructed to ensure quality and compliance with regulations to meet the travel and goods transportation needs of people and tourists," Mr. Dung affirmed.

Mr. Nguyen Thanh Thanh, a coil driver working at the Mimosa Pass landslide site, said that over the past few days, he and his colleagues have been on duty from 6am and off until 11pm.
"We are trying to work overtime to complete the temporary road opening through the landslide site soon. Thereby, contributing to the opening of the route to help people and tourists travel in and out of Da Lat conveniently and safely, Mr. Thanh shared.

Similarly, at D'ran Pass from Km262+400 to Km262+530 National Highway 20, the Treo Bridge area, in Xuan Truong - Da Lat Ward, a serious landslide occurred on the night of October 28. To ensure safety, Lam Dong province has banned people and all vehicles from traveling through the landslideed section.
According to the leader of Lam Dong Department of Construction, in recent times, taking advantage of the beautiful sunny weather, the Department has coordinated with Project Management Board 85 to mobilize human resources and means to speed up the progress of overcoming the landslide incident.

Along with the road surface reinforcement, the units also focused on leveling the hills at risk of landslides, with an expected volume of rock and soil of about 60,000m3.

Lam Dong provincial leaders said that with the positive construction progress, it is expected that D'ran Pass will have one lane on December 2 and vehicles will be able to travel in both lanes by December 10. Thereby, ensuring safety for people and vehicles traveling on D'ran Pass.
Previously, as reported by Lao Dong Newspaper after a period of serious landslide repair, Prenn Pass - one of the gateways to Da Lat on National Highway 20 - opened to traffic in one afternoon at 1:00 p.m. on November 25.