Road to La Lay International Border Gate reopened after accident

HƯNG THƠ |

Quang Tri - During the night, the scene of the accident caused by a wood-carrying truck blocking the road was cleared and National Highway 15D reopened.

On the morning of January 11, the La Lay International Border Guard Station (Quang Tri Border Guard) said that at around 11:00 p.m. on January 10, the accident scene at Km 6, National Highway 15D had been cleared and the road was reopened.

Lieutenant Colonel Phan Thanh Hoang - Head of the La Lay International Border Guard Station - said that the recovery of the accident scene took longer than expected because of the rainy weather and slippery roads. The location of the accident was on the edge of a cliff and the vehicle was carrying a large amount of wood.

“The accident happened on the evening of January 9. The tractor-trailer carrying wood, driven by driver Le Quang P, from Quang Tri province, was driving from the border gate back to Km 6 on National Highway 15D when it overturned. The vehicle was lying across the road, the driver was slightly injured, but a traffic jam occurred. The forces coordinated the rescue, but it was not until 11:00 p.m. on January 10 that the accident was resolved,” informed the Chief of the La Lay International Border Gate Border Guard Station.

The accident caused more than 250 vehicles to be stuck, of which about 150 vehicles were waiting to enter the immigration channel and more than 100 vehicles were waiting to exit the immigration channel.

Mr. Tran Huu Hung - Director of the Department of Transport of Quang Tri province - said that National Highway 15 is narrow, has many curves and slopes, while many heavy vehicles are traveling, so when an accident occurs, it leads to traffic congestion: "We are gradually renovating, in 2025, we will widen some sections of National Highway 15D, from one lane to two lanes".

It is known that National Highway 15D from Ho Chi Minh Road to La Lay International Border Gate has been degraded after a long period of use, significantly affecting import and export activities.

HƯNG THƠ
RELATED NEWS

The trillion-dong overpass in Hue will open in March 2025

|

HUE - It is expected that on March 26, 2025, the overpass project worth more than 2,280 billion VND across the Huong River will be opened to traffic.

North-South railway line through Quang Tri province

|

Quang Tri - The North-South railway through Quang Tri province has reopened after damage caused by floods.

Preparing to reopen damaged railway due to floods

|

Quang Tri - The railway section damaged by floods in Quang Tri province will complete phase 1 of repairs to reopen the route.

Land recovery for more than 1,000 households in the center of Ho Chi Minh City, highest compensation of 256 million VND/m2

|

Ho Chi Minh City - The expected land price for compensation at the Van Thanh canal renovation project is highest at about 256 million VND/m2, applied to the frontage location of Dien Bien Phu street.

Transferring Major General Cao Minh Huyen to be Director of the Immigration Department

|

On the afternoon of August 10, in Hanoi, the Ministry of Public Security organized a ceremony to announce the decision of the Minister of Public Security on the mobilization of one Lieutenant General and one Major General.

Two Hanoi Medical University students disciplined after making statements about patients on TikTok

|

Two students of Hanoi Medical University were disciplined and dismissed from the position of deputy class monitor for inappropriate statements about patients on social networks.

Verifying clip of a girl sitting close to the railway track, her phone thrown off by a train in Hanoi

|

Hanoi - Functional forces are verifying a clip of a girl sitting close to the track turning a train, causing her phone to be hit by a train and thrown away while passing by.

Be stricter with workers who violate the law when working abroad

|

National Assembly deputies believe that the situation of workers absconding when working abroad negatively affects the national image.

The trillion-dong overpass in Hue will open in March 2025

PHÚC ĐẠT |

HUE - It is expected that on March 26, 2025, the overpass project worth more than 2,280 billion VND across the Huong River will be opened to traffic.

North-South railway line through Quang Tri province

HƯNG THƠ |

Quang Tri - The North-South railway through Quang Tri province has reopened after damage caused by floods.

Preparing to reopen damaged railway due to floods

HƯNG THƠ |

Quang Tri - The railway section damaged by floods in Quang Tri province will complete phase 1 of repairs to reopen the route.