On the afternoon of August 30, the Gia Lai Department of Health said that all patients in the food poisoning incident in chroh Ponan village ( Ia Hiao commune) with 131 cases have stabilized their health, with no deaths.
Previously, on August 28, Mr. Ksor Dang's family held a family feast with about 220 guests. The party was served by business household Nguyen Thi Hien ( Ia Hiao commune), the menu included many dishes such as bags, leaf sausage, beef stewed with grilled pork, chicken turned honey, beef corn salad, seafood hotpot, sticky rice...
At around 6pm the same day, many people showed symptoms of abdominal pain, vomiting, fever, and diarrhea. At 16:35 on August 29, the first patient was admitted to Phu Thien Medical Center. After that, the cases were scattered and hospitalized at Phu Thien Medical Center and Ayun Pa Medical Center.
In total, the two units received 131 people with symptoms of suspected food poisoning.
Because the food was sold out, the authorities could not take samples for testing. However, the provincial Food Safety and Hygiene Department has coordinated with local authorities and health workers to investigate and verify the incident.
Doctor Le Quang Hung - Director of Gia Lai Department of Health - said that as soon as the incident occurred, the health sector urgently directed medical facilities to organize timely admission and emergency care, ensuring medicine and treatment facilities.
Ambulances were also mobilized directly to the village to transfer patients, and at the same time, all party participants were checked to avoid missing any cases.