Mr. Trump declares unprecedented economic war

Anh Vũ |

Mr. Trump shifted the focus from the military front to the financial strangulation in the conflict with Iran.

US President Donald Trump declared the launch of an unprecedented "economic war and isolation" campaign against Iran, and threatened "terrible" sanctions against any country that supports or trades with this Islamic republic.

No one gives the Islamic Republic of Iran a greater chance of reaching an agreement than I do. Unfortunately for them, they did not seize it. Therefore, today I declare the most brutal economic campaign ever conducted against any nation! This will be an economic war and isolation on an unprecedented scale," Trump wrote on the Truth Social platform.

Any country that allows its financial institutions, businesses, airports or government agencies to provide any form of bailout to Iran will face terrible economic consequences," he wrote.

The US leader did not specify the sanctions that countries would have to endure, nor did he specifically name any country other than Iran. He listed a series of activities that need to be stopped immediately: "oil smuggling, exchange routes, cash transfers, money exchange points, ship registration, shell companies".

US Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent also signaled last week that the US is about to step up efforts to isolate Iran's economy, as part of a two-pronged approach parallel to naval blockade. "That will be a combination of economic isolation in a way the world has never witnessed before," Bessent told conservative news channel Newsmax.

For months, the US Treasury Department has launched a campaign called "Economic Fury", aimed at cutting off Iran's financial resources through targeted sanctions.

Meanwhile, Iran maintains its position after months of enduring US military campaigns without leading to a definitive end.

Previously, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) announced the suspension of all economic activities with Iran, after reporting that it had been targeted by 2 ballistic missiles.

Anh Vũ
RELATED NEWS

Trump postpones 50% tariffs on Canadian goods

|

US President Donald Trump has postponed a series of tariffs expected to be imposed on Canadian goods.

Trump: The US is bringing millions of barrels of oil through the Strait of Hormuz

|

President Donald Trump said that the US is completely controlling the Strait of Hormuz and is taking millions of barrels of oil out of this area every week.

World on August 18: Mr. Trump reveals that Mr. Kim Jong Un responded to the dialogue proposal

|

US President Donald Trump said that he is making the situation "much safer" through his relationship with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

Ho Chi Minh City residents line up to receive traffic cards, surprised by one card for multiple vehicles

|

Ho Chi Minh City - Many people queue to receive public transport (GTCC) cards, happily knowing that one card can be used for many public transport vehicles.

Floodwater submerges overflowing bridge, 5 villages in Nghe An are cut off

|

Nghe An - Heavy rain caused floodwaters to rise, submerging the overflow bridge through Xop Nam village, causing 5 villages to be temporarily cut off.

Phu Cuong Group denies information related to the rape of a Vietnamese-American woman in Phu Tho

|

Phu Cuong Group has just issued a notice rejecting information related to the rape case of a Vietnamese-American woman in Phu Tho.

VETC stops deploying e-wallet fee collection, apologizes to customers

|

VETC will stop the implementation of e-wallet fee collection after recording many mixed opinions from users.

Trump postpones 50% tariffs on Canadian goods

Anh Vũ |

US President Donald Trump has postponed a series of tariffs expected to be imposed on Canadian goods.

Trump: The US is bringing millions of barrels of oil through the Strait of Hormuz

Châu Anh |

President Donald Trump said that the US is completely controlling the Strait of Hormuz and is taking millions of barrels of oil out of this area every week.

World on August 18: Mr. Trump reveals that Mr. Kim Jong Un responded to the dialogue proposal

Thanh Hà |

US President Donald Trump said that he is making the situation "much safer" through his relationship with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.