According to the content of the notice issued on the morning of August 20, Phu Cuong Group said that recently, some social media accounts have used personal images of relatives of the group's leaders to associate them with a criminal case that occurred in Phu Tho.
Phu Cuong affirmed that this content is completely untrue. The individual whose image is used is not a person in the case, is not related to the case and has no connection to the mentioned illegal act.
The business believes that the illegal posting of images has caused misunderstanding about the identity, affecting the honor and reputation of individuals, families and the image of the group.
Faced with the above situation, Phu Cuong requested organizations, individuals and electronic information pages to immediately remove incorrect content and images; and at the same time stop sharing and disseminating images of unrelated people.
The Group said it is preserving evidence, verifying the source of dissemination and coordinating with competent authorities to clarify responsibilities. The enterprise will also consider necessary legal measures to protect the legitimate rights and interests of individuals, families and organizations.
Previously, on August 19, Phu Tho Provincial Police informed that the Investigation Police Agency had initiated a case and prosecuted defendant Nguyen Minh Hieu (23 years old, residing in Tu Liem ward, Hanoi) for the crime of rape.
According to the investigation file, on July 21, the police agency received a denunciation from Ms. N.T. Q. T. (24 years old, US nationality). This woman reported being sexually assaulted by Hieu on July 5 at apartment SK125 in Lynn Times Thanh Thuy hotel, Thanh Thuy commune.
After receiving the report, functional forces worked with the whistleblower, those who knew about it and related individuals. By August 17, the case and the defendant were prosecuted for investigation.
Phu Tho Provincial Police also advised people not to believe or spread unverified information, to avoid affecting unrelated individuals.
Talking to Lao Dong Newspaper, lawyer Le Hong Hien, the victim's lawyer, said that he had received a notice from the investigating agency about the above procedural decisions.
According to the lawyer, the girl is a Vietnamese-American citizen, returning to Vietnam for internship at a bank. Through new acquaintances, she participated in a trip to the Lynn Times Thanh Thuy resort. After dinner and fun, she claimed that she was controlled by a young man in the group and had sexual intercourse against her will.
After the incident, she went for examination and treatment and received psychological support from her family. Her father, a Vietnamese-born businessman living for many years in the US, returned to Vietnam to accompany his daughter.
The family hopes that the case will be clarified objectively, based on evidence and legal regulations.
