Driver kidnapped 51 students and set fire to burn down the car

Song Minh |

A bus driver in northern Italy kidnapped 51 students and burned the car, threatening them for 40 minutes.

The incident occurred in Carabinieri on March 20. The national police force promptly broke the rear window of the car to approach and bring all the students out without causing anyone to be seriously injured before the fire burned down the car.

The bus driver was arrested and given burns. The prosecutor described him as a 47-year-old Italian citizen of Senegal. He told the government that he wanted to appease the migrants who had died in the Mediterranean, and that he had no plans to harm anyone.

However, prosecutors said the suspect - identified as Ousseynou Sy - had made preparations, such as buying a box of gasoline on March 19. He also sent a video to friends in Italy and Senegal pointing out a plan for a bold action with the message " Africa, let's rise up" - AP quoted the prosecutors as saying.

Sy is being investigated for suspected kidnapping, intending to carry out a massacre, arson and fight against law enforcement, with terrorism being the aggravating detail of the incident that caused public confusion.

Prosecutors said they found no evidence of Hoi giao extremistry or links to extremist people, saying the driver appeared to be acting alone.

Carabienieri Police Commander Luca De Marchis told Sky TG24 that the car was carrying two classes of secondary school students from school to a gymnasium in nearby Cremona province, about 40km from Milan. The driver threatened no one will survive today when he controlled the car.

Prosecutors confirmed that Sy became an Italian citizen in 2004, and was convicted in 2007 and 2011 for drunk driving and sexual abuse of minors. According to Sky TG24, this person has worked for the bus company for 15 years without any problems related to work.

Song Minh
TIN LIÊN QUAN

TV MC releases "shelving" photo announcing farewell to Italian Deputy Prime Minister

|

Elisa Isoardi - MC of Italian TV was criticized after releasing a photo of her and Deputy Prime Minister Matteo Salvini on the bed to announce their breakup.

Forecast of changes in La Nina and weather in the summer of 2025

|

The impact of La Nina is forecast to affect the weather in the summer of 2025.

Fierce tanker truck on fire on Noi Bai - Lao Cai Expressway

|

A tanker truck caught fire fiercely on the Noi Bai - Lao Cai Expressway this morning (January 1).

After April 10, unreported projects will be considered untroubled

|

After April 10, the national public investment system will not receive further information about investment projects with difficulties, long backlogs and is considered no longer stuck.

Gold prices increase sharply, Germanyans worry about gold reserves in the US

|

In the context of the continuous increase in gold prices, Germans are starting to worry about more than 110 billion euros in gold reserves in the US.

Apartment residents in Ho Chi Minh City check houses after earthquake in Myanmar

|

HCMC - After the earthquake in Myanmar, many HCMC residents are worried, proactively checking their homes and assessing their safety level.

Repairing a billion-dollar road after a report from Lao Dong Newspaper

|

Bac Kan - After Lao Dong Newspaper's reflection on the billion-dollar Nong Ha - Khe Thi route: DH.75 (Cho Moi) is damaged, so far, this project has been repaired.

Criteria for selecting commercial housing pilot projects

|

The selection of pilot projects must meet the criteria such as urban planning areas and land acquisition projects must be approved by the Provincial People's Council.

Italia bỏ đồng minh theo Con đường Tơ lụa mới, Mỹ phản ứng gay gắt

S.M |

Kế hoạch của Italia tham gia sáng kiến “Một vành đai Một con đường” của Trung Quốc lập tức bị Mỹ chỉ trích gay gắt và khiến Châu Âu lo ngại.

TV MC releases "shelving" photo announcing farewell to Italian Deputy Prime Minister

Thanh Hà |

Elisa Isoardi - MC of Italian TV was criticized after releasing a photo of her and Deputy Prime Minister Matteo Salvini on the bed to announce their breakup.

Đại sứ Italia tại Việt Nam: “Mỗi ngày, mỗi sự kiện ở Việt Nam đều đặc biệt với tôi”

Hà Liên |

Đại sứ Cecilia Piccioni chia sẻ trong mở đầu buổi họp báo “Hội chợ văn hóa Italia lần thứ 2” và “Tuần lễ Ẩm thực Italia lần thứ 3” chiều 1.11 rằng, ngay sau khi sự kiện kết thúc, bà sẽ bay ngay về nước, kết thúc nhiệm kỳ công tác 4 năm tại Việt Nam.