Making a martyr recognition file for Mrs. Mai Thi Con

HƯNG THƠ |

Quang Tri - After the article of Lao Dong Newspaper, the units and family of Mrs. Mai Thi Con coordinated to provide documents, enough basis to establish a martyr identification file for Mrs. Con.

On October 6, Mr. Hoang Tuan Anh - Deputy Director of the Department of Labor - Invalids and Social Affairs of Quang Tri province said that regarding the case of female worker and self-defense soldier Mai Thi Con who sacrificed more than 50 years ago but has not been recognized as a martyr as reported by Lao Dong Newspaper, this unit is currently guiding Ms. Con's relatives to prepare a file to identify her as a martyr.

The provincial Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs held a meeting with relevant units and contacted Ms. Con's daughter, Ms. Nguyen Thi Cuc (residing in Tan Thanh commune, Dong Xoai city, Binh Phuoc province). From there, they found some important documents from 1967, with full information confirming that Ms. Con died while on duty in production and combat.

To prepare a dossier to identify Ms. Con as a martyr, this October, the provincial Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs will coordinate with the People's Committee of Vinh Giang Commune (Vinh Linh District, Quang Tri Province) to publicly post the case of Ms. Mai Thi Con's death. After the public announcement period, if there are no comments, the dossier will be sent to the Council for Confirming Meritorious People of Vinh Linh District for approval. Next, a report will be sent to the People's Committee of Quang Tri Province to issue a death certificate. Finally, the dossier will be transferred to the Ministry of Labor, War Invalidities and Social Affairs to issue a Certificate of National Merit.

“We have just been provided with some important documents made in September 1967, stating that Ms. Mai Thi Con died while on duty when a bomb collapsed the tunnel. Comparing with current regulations and collected information, we have determined that there is enough basis to prepare the dossier,” said Mr. Hoang Tuan Anh.

Giay xac nhan duoc lap tu nam 1967 co noi dung xac nhan ba Mai Thi Con hi sinh khi dang truc, bi bom danh sap ham. Anh: Hung Tho.
The certificate was made in 1967 and confirmed that Ms. Mai Thi Con died while on duty and was hit by a bomb that destroyed the bunker. Photo: Hung Tho

Previously, Lao Dong Newspaper had articles and information about the case of Ms. Mai Thi Con (Vinh Linh district), a worker at Quyet Thang Farm. Ms. Con died in February 1967, while on duty in combat and production, a bomb collapsed a tunnel. At the time of her death, the war in this area was fierce, workers like Ms. Con had the duty to stay at the farm, both fighting and producing.

When Mrs. Con died, her two daughters were still young and evacuated to the North. By the time her children returned, their husbands had remarried. The two children were ignorant and were slow in completing the application to recognize their mother as a martyr. When the application was completed, the regulations had changed, so they did not meet the requirements to be recognized as a martyr. Recently, some regulations have been removed, and the family has found important documents, so there is a basis to complete the application to recognize Mrs. Con as a martyr.

HƯNG THƠ
RELATED NEWS

Unexpected images at Ring Road 3 on the 3rd day of Tet

|

Hanoi - In the afternoon of the 3rd day of the Lunar New Year of Binh Ngo, Ring Road 3 suddenly became clear, the flow of vehicles moved steadily, no longer congested like the previous day.

Goods do not have unusual price increases on the 3rd day of Tet

|

From the morning of the 3rd day of Tet, supermarkets and markets across the country became bustling again. Goods supply is abundant, prices are stable, and there is no unusual price increase.

More than 100 people search for 2 missing people in boat capsizing on the Gianh River

|

Quang Tri - More than 100 people participate in searching for 2 missing people in the boat capsizing on the Gianh River, functional forces have expanded the scope of investigation.

Yen Tu welcomes about 20,000 visitors on the 3rd day of Tet

|

Quang Ninh - On February 19th (3rd day of Tet), the Yen Tu relic and scenic area welcomed about 20,000 visitors.

5-day Tet holiday traffic accident: More than 18,000 people examined and received emergency care

|

In the past 24 hours, the total number of examinations and emergency treatments suspected of being due to traffic accidents was 4,508 people; a total of 5 days of Tet holiday was 18,255 people.

Hanoi handles 1,215 cases of alcohol concentration violations during Tet

|

Hanoi - In 5 days of Lunar New Year, traffic police controlled nearly 59,000 vehicles, handling 1,215 cases of alcohol concentration violations.

Xem xét hồ sơ công nhận liệt sĩ trường hợp bà Mai Thị Con

HƯNG THƠ |

Quảng Trị - Cơ quan chức năng đã xin ý kiến về hồ sơ đề nghị công nhận liệt sĩ đối với bà Mai Thị Con. Bà Con mất khi làm nhiệm vụ trực chiến đấu và sản xuất.

Chết khi chiến đấu và sản xuất, chưa được công nhận liệt sĩ

HƯNG THƠ |

Quảng Trị - Khi trực chiến đấu và sản xuất ở nông trường, bà Con bị trúng bom thiệt mạng. Người thân làm chế độ liệt sĩ cho bà Con, nhưng chưa được công nhận.

Tử vong khi đi hỗ trợ mưa lũ có được công nhận liệt sĩ không?

Khánh Linh |

Bạn đọc Nguyễn Hoài Thương (Yên Bái) hỏi: "Tử vong khi đi hỗ trợ bà con vùng lũ lụt có được công nhận là liệt sĩ không?".