Going ahead, ready for the common goal
At package 11 of Component Project 4 through Soc Trang province, the construction atmosphere took place urgently. Vehicles, machinery and materials are fully gathered.
Mr. Trinh Van Manh - Project Executive Director of Truong Son Construction Corporation - said: "Up to now, package 11 has reached 36.24% of the contract value. The main roadbed has been filled with sand to the construction elevation of 6.52km/12.83km, 13.6/14.5km of service road has been completed and 12/12 bridges are under construction".
Similarly, at component project 2 through Can Tho city, engineers and workers of Dat Phuong Group Joint Stock Company are also urgently constructing 2 important bridges.
According to Mr. Truong Vu Thang - Construction Commander, Dong Phap Bridge is currently preparing to construct the bridge deck structure ( install girders and complete the bridge deck). Thi Doi Bridge is under construction of the lower part, expected to reach about 80% of the volume by April 30 and the above part is expected to be completed in November 2025.
Mr. Dang Hoang Vinh - Director of the Expressway Management Board (under the Can Tho City Construction Investment Project Management Board - investor of Component Project 2) - informed that the project has 4 main construction packages and 1 traffic safety system construction package. To date, reaching a ratio of 25% of the construction volume value, 28/30 bridges have been constructed, the remaining 2 bridges (kedu My Bridge and Ngan Hai Canal Bridge) are small bridges with one span, and will be constructed in 2025. If the progress is accelerated drastically, over 10 bridges will be completed in 2025.
Vice Chairman of Hau Giang Provincial People's Committee, Mr. Nguyen Van Hoa, affirmed that component project 3 through the province has reached 35% of the contract value, meeting production requirements. Currently, the contractor has deployed 12/12 bridges on the route simultaneously, striving to complete all of them by July 2025. The construction progress of the bridges has so far met and exceeded the plan.

At the Khanh Hoa - Buon Ma Thuot Expressway Project, Mr. Nguyen Tai Minh - Deputy Director of the Dak Lak Province Traffic Construction and Rural Development Investment Project Management Board - said that the project ( Ingredient 3, Phase 1) is being accelerated to complete before August 30, 2025. Quality control, mineral resource management, environmental sanitation and labor safety are strictly implemented.
"Contractors and supervision consultants must tighten quality management. The materials used must be of the correct origin, in the correct mine and comply with the technological process. Individuals and units that deliberately bring poor quality materials to the construction site will be strictly handled" - Mr. Minh emphasized.
Currently, construction teams are trying to "overcome the sun and overcome the rain" to ensure progress. Contractors are required to arrange water trucks regularly to limit dirt, ensure environmental hygiene and appropriate moisture for the roadbed.

Solving the problem of sand shortage
Project Management Board 2 said that component project 4 through Soc Trang needs 6.6 million cubic meters of sand for embankment, and only 0.9 million cubic meters have been brought to the construction site. The unit is coordinating with the mine owner to speed up exploitation and transportation, expected to provide 3.3 million cubic meters of river sand by June 30. To compensate for the shortage, Soc Trang proposed to exploit 3.3 million cubic meters of sea sand and requested to transfer 1.15 million cubic meters of excess sand from the vertical expressway. Procedures are being completed for immediate implementation.
At component project 1 through An Giang, 6.3/9.3 million cubic meters of sand have been exploited, of which 3.4 million cubic meters have been brought to the construction site. The province is completing procedures to grant the remaining 3 million m3 of mining licenses, expected to be completed in March 2025.
Component project 3 through Hau Giang is also eligible to exploit 4.2/6 million cubic meters. To make up for the shortfall, Ben Tre supports 0.8 million cubic meters, An Giang adds 0.4 million cubic meters, Hau Giang is exploiting the remaining part and plans to buy 0.6 million cubic meters commercially.
At component project 2 through Can Tho, 5.5 million/7 million cubic meters of which 1.2 million cubic meters have been brought to the construction site have been qualified for exploitation. Tien Giang has identified the source for the remaining 2.2 million cubic meters and is completing procedures for granting an exploitation license.
Recently, Politburo member and Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh chaired an online meeting with An Giang, Hau Giang, Soc Trang, Can Tho on the progress of the Chau Doc - Can Tho - Soc Trang expressway. The Prime Minister requested to speed up the progress, completing the project by June 2026, ensuring quality to promote early efficiency. The project is 188.2km long, with a scale of 4 lanes, a total investment of VND 44,691 billion, expected to complete the entire route in 2026 and be exploited synchronously in 2027.
Preparing for the Quy Nhon - Pleiku expressway project
In March 2025, the People's Committee of Gia Lai province assigned the Department of Construction to preside over and coordinate with relevant ministries, branches and Binh Dinh province to prepare for the Quy Nhon - Pleiku expressway project. The project dossier is expected to be submitted to competent authorities for consideration in May 2025 and ensure full compliance with legal regulations. Regarding this project, Vice Chairman of Gia Lai Provincial People's Committee Duong Mah Tiep has signed an official dispatch requesting districts and towns to review and update the list of mineral mine areas. Currently, many mines in Gia Lai have expired, causing the cost of purchasing construction materials such as soil, stone, sand, etc. to increase. Transporting materials from other localities prolongs construction time, increases costs, and puts great pressure on businesses and investors.
In this situation, the Provincial People's Committee requested localities to update the mineral mine area in the 2025 land use plan, and at the same time prepare mineral resources to serve the construction of the Quy Nhon - Pleiku expressway, ensuring the progress of the start and completion on schedule. The Quy Nhon - Pleiku Expressway is about 123km long, with a total preliminary investment of VND38,917 billion, expected to start construction in 2025 and be completed in 2029.