Gaza war has alarming casualty toll

Bùi Đức |

The death toll from the war in the Gaza Strip has surpassed 42,000 after Israel carried out two air strikes on the area on October 9.

According to AP, many facilities in the central and southern Gaza Strip were heavily damaged after being subjected to a series of intense Israeli shelling on October 9. The number of casualties is still unknown, but many Palestinian officials said the airstrikes have brought the death toll from the war in the Gaza Strip to more than 42,000.

Since October 6, 40 bodies have been found in various areas of the Gaza Strip. Gaza’s Ministry of Health said that if the rubble could be accessed, more bodies could be found.

Israel Defense Forces (IDF) Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari said that recent attacks on the Gaza Strip were aimed at deterring Hamas and that about 100 Hamas militants had been killed.

Mot khu nha o Dai Gaza bi tan pha nang ne do chien tranh. Anh: Xinhua
A residential area in the Gaza Strip was heavily damaged by war. Photo: Xinhua

The IDF commander added that the Israeli army only targets Hamas and believes that the civilian deaths were caused by Hamas because this force often attacks in residential areas.

The war in the Gaza Strip has entered its 369th day but shows no signs of abating. The war is becoming more and more complicated as it is not only limited to Gaza; between Israel and Hamas but also spread to many areas in the Middle East leading to the participation of many other factions.

Hezbollah is currently the force that clashes most with the Israeli army almost every day. However, Hezbollah is clearly struggling when both its leader and successor were eliminated by the Israeli army in a short period of time.

Iran-backed forces also agreed to ceasefire agreements in Lebanon without any conditions on October 8.

Also on October 9, US President Joe Biden and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had a phone call to discuss how to deal with the situation of Iranian missiles raining down on Israeli territory in early October.

Previously, Mr. Biden actively called on Israel to remain calm and not support any attack targeting sites related to Iran's nuclear program.

Bùi Đức
RELATED NEWS

Police block off road to the old headquarters of Market Management Team No. 4, Lang Son

|

Lang Son - The police force blocked the road to the old headquarters of Market Management Team No. 4, Lang Son.

Hoa Minzy scored a double award, Nguyen Van Chung won big at Vietnam i Content Awards

|

HCMC On the evening of November 29, the Vietnam i Content Awards 2025 took place at the Military Region 7 Gymnasium. Hoa Minzy became the focus with two important awards.

Exploiting public land funds must not be profitable, but must aim for sustainable efficiency

|

Mr. Phan Thai Binh - Vice Chairman of Da Nang City People's Committee emphasized that exploiting public land funds does not require collection, but aims for sustainable efficiency.

When fishermen bring technology to sea together, protect themselves from IUU violations

|

An Giang - By simply scanning the QR code, fishermen can fully view all legal regulations related to combating IUU fishing.

Big explosion in Ho Chi Minh City kills a man, people's houses shake

|

HCMC - A loud explosion occurred on Nguyen Thi Bua Street, shaking a house and killing a man.

Israel speaks out on fate of Hezbollah's successor

Bùi Đức |

Amid international media speculation that Hezbollah's successor had been killed, Israel officially confirmed the news on October 8.

Israel suffered a barrage of missiles from surrounding opponents

Anh Vũ |

Israel has faced multiple rocket attacks from rival forces, raising concerns about escalating tensions in the Middle East.

One year of Gaza war, the situation is increasingly complicated

Bùi Đức |

October 7, 2024 marks one year since the outbreak of war in Gaza. The war has spread to many areas in the Middle East, making the situation more complicated.